Archon

ACA Allertronic 4000 Sound files

Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:04 am

Here is some audio only files of a early version of ACA Allertronic 4000
This siren and 5 others were in service in Baraboo WI in the early to mid 80;s
by 1990 they were all repaced with Federal 2001's and Rock Springs WI bought all 6 of the Allertronics to make one. They kept the rest for parts To this date 11-26 07 there is only 1 working and not very good. the problem was the boards kept going out and the drivers kept going to hell Siren has 8 speakers 2 and each 4 sides 2 drivers per speaker 1 hi a- 1 low tone this is dual tone. Go here to down load the different files which are Alert, Attack, Fire, Hi/Low, Horn http://www.savefile.com/projects/808535342

jkvernon

Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:20 pm

It sounds like it would be really spooky hearing it from a distance. Too bad ASC doesn't offer dual-tone electronics anymore, at least as far as I know they don't.

kswx29

Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:00 am

Isn't there a video on youtube or myspace showing some town in TN or something with some Alertonics doing Wail w/ voice?
-Once known as 2t22boy (Dylan)
Youtube | Flickr

Joey P 3

Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:19 am

they're not workin for me....
Thunderbolts, whelen, 2001, and aca own!

jkvernon

Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:21 am

This one...
http://vidsearch.myspace.com/index.cfm? ... id=7949552

I'm guessing this is an Alertronic (omni-directional) based on the wind-down which sounds just like the one from the rotating Alertronic video. This one sounds like it has really crappy voice too (which I hear has been tremendously improved on with the i-Force having the best rated quality voice of any electronic siren).

ver tum
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o

Re: ACA Allertronic 4000 Sound files

Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:41 pm

I know this is an old thread, but this topic interests me, because the company where my grandpa worked, Celanese Coating Company, used to have one of these sirens. I believe the sound file came from an audio tape, made by ASC, which I actually used to have. The audio tape didn't feature the siren rotating though, which was a shame, but I used to have some recordings my grandpa made of the siren at his work. Unfortunately, I believe all those recordings were lost. The Alertronic located about three miles away from my apartment, is a dual tone, but it sounds in a major third, kind of like a high pitched 4/5port Thunderbolt 1000T. It's also a rotating siren.

I did a search on YouTube for Alertronic videos, with no luck. If anyone has any audio files or videos of dual tone rotating Alertronic sirens, I'd love to hear them!
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

Return to “Videos and Media”