ver tum
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o

Sick Thunderbolt 1000T recorded at Mom and Dad's House

Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:05 pm

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/2/3/1 ... erbolt.mp3?

This is a recording I made back on the second Tuesday of May in 1999, when the old sick Thunderbolt 1000T was still located at Birtha Trunnel Elementary School. This Thunderbolt is sicker in this recording than it was in the 1995 recording I previously posted, , which can be heard here. Notice the difference in pitch between the two recordings, and also notice how in the 1999 recording, the tone of the siren sort of wobbles. There was not very much wind that day, so if the siren was functioning properly, the tone wouldn't have wobbled or wavered that much. It's not near as sick as that TBolt 1000 in O'Fallon, IL, but it's still sick. Another Thunderbolt 1000T, and a 2001 can also be faintly heard. I added some reverb to the recording to create the illusion of stereo.
Last edited by ver tum on Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

red04stanggt

Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:43 pm

hmmm

ThunderboltFreak

Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:15 pm

Nice recordings, and yeah that 1000T sounds odd. Maybe the chopper motor needed repairing? That would be my guess.
Assistant Store Manager at GameStop.

ver tum

Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:31 pm

ThunderboltFreak wrote:Nice recordings, and yeah that 1000T sounds odd. Maybe the chopper motor needed repairing? That would be my guess.
I thought it might have been something to do with the chopper motor, but I could never get Emergency Management to tell me exactly what was wrong with it. It wound down fine, so I don't think it had the same problem as the Thunderbolt 1000 in Plymouth, MI.
Josh
Audio
YouTube

ThunderboltFreak

Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:22 pm

ver tum wrote:
ThunderboltFreak wrote:Nice recordings, and yeah that 1000T sounds odd. Maybe the chopper motor needed repairing? That would be my guess.
I thought it might have been something to do with the chopper motor, but I could never get Emergency Management to tell me exactly what was wrong with it. It wound down fine, so I don't think it had the same problem as the Thunderbolt 1000 in Plymouth, MI.
That 1000 had to be the sickest Thunderbolt I have ever listened to.
Assistant Store Manager at GameStop.

ver tum

Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:47 pm

The Plymouth 1000 sounded like something was stopping the chopper motor from turning. When I first heard it, I laughed through just about the whole recording. It sounded terrible. That one in O'Fallon IL, sounded even funnier than that to me for some reason. My roommate, who is definitely not into sirens, even got a big kick out of that one.

Even though the TBolt in my 1999 recording was sick, I still like the way it sounded then. It's actually a little spooky sounding to me.
Josh
Audio
YouTube

holler
High Leg
High Leg
YouTube Username: Blue10AEmia

Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:38 am

I'm guessing dirty slip rings

ver tum

Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:03 am

holler wrote:I'm guessing dirty slip rings
If it really was the slip rings, they didn't need to replace that siren! As you could hear, the blower and the rotator worked perfectly. At least they replaced that siren with another TBolt! I wonder if they've replaced one of the other problem sirens with that old TBolt yet.
Josh
Audio
YouTube

Return to “Videos and Media”