ver tum
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o

Symphony of Thunderbolts and other sirens recorded at Brad's

Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:16 pm

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/2/3/1 ... 998%29.mp3?

This was recorded for me by my friend, Brad, at his apartment, in the fall of 1998. I found this the other day when I was looking for siren recordings. You can hear several dual tone Thunderbolts, at least one 2001, and maybe some other sirens. This recording features a great wind-down. The loudest siren you hear is the Thunderbolt 1000T located at 1761 Frankfort Avenue, at one of the many Louisville fire stations. It's located right where Frankfort Avenue and Pope Street intersect, so it's even closer to my old school than I thought. The second loudest siren is the Thunderbolt 1003 at the Louisville Water Company building in Crescent Hill, at 201 RESERVOIR AVE. This is one of only two 1003's that I know of here in Louisville. There are also several other sirens sounding. Another dual tone Thunderbolt can be heard sounding in Attack for some reason. I'm not sure what some of the other sirens at the end are. I added a little reverb to the recording, to create the illusion of stereo. I'd like to thank my friend Brad, another siren and alarm enthusiast, for recording this, and giving me permission to post it here.
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

Return to “Videos and Media”