NFRANGA

Newark Ohio Thunderbolt Siren Test 7-30-08

Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:14 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pnx4HanF9Y

After a month of trying, I finally got Newark's single tone Thunderbolt on film during our weekly test!

The weather almost cancelled this test, but held out long enough for the town to test our eight sirens

ACAP10

Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:36 pm

Great video! I really like the sound of single tone T-bolts

Do you know why did this one do alert and the Beams do attack?

NFRANGA

Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:52 pm

ACAP10 wrote:Great video! I really like the sound of single tone T-bolts

Do you know why did this one do alert and the Beams do attack?
No clue to be honest, I was originally figuring this siren would do attack as well. It makes me wonder about our Two Vortex sirens and what signal they do.

kswx29

Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:10 am

Awesome video! The second Monday of August I am hoping to get a Thunderbolt video as well, unknown if it is single or dual tone. I love how you can hear the Tbeams in the background.
-Once known as 2t22boy (Dylan)
Youtube | Flickr

jkvernon

Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:12 am

Knox County's T-Beam(s) were the same way. The system was always tested in alert, but the TBeams always sounded in attack. I think Capital Electronics or whoever installed the TBeams locally must have screwed up on all of them and programmed them to sound attack instead of alert or whatever. That's my guess.

NFRANGA

Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:37 am

jkvernon wrote:Knox County's T-Beam(s) were the same way. The system was always tested in alert, but the TBeams always sounded in attack. I think Capital Electronics or whoever installed the TBeams locally must have screwed up on all of them and programmed them to sound attack instead of alert or whatever. That's my guess.
It has been on my mind for about a month now why our Thunderbolt only sounds alert when all the other sirens sound attack. It makes me wonder on what tone our two Vortex sirens will sound when I film one of them next week.

ver tum
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o

Re: Newark Ohio Thunderbolt Siren Test 7-30-08

Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:43 am

Great video! That's only the third Thunderbolt 1000 I've ever heard that had a C series blower in it. One of the TBeams is doing Attack, but I can hear another one doing Alert. I thought I could hear a Whelen in there too near the end, unless that was another Thunderbolt 1000.
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

NFRANGA

Re: Newark Ohio Thunderbolt Siren Test 7-30-08

Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:41 am

ver tum wrote:Great video! That's only the third Thunderbolt 1000 I've ever heard that had a C series blower in it. One of the TBeams is doing Attack, but I can hear another one doing Alert. I thought I could hear a Whelen in there too near the end, unless that was another Thunderbolt 1000.
hmmm. We have only one single tone Thunderbolt in town, and I think that, that might be the only one that does alert. I'll ask around our EMA and such sometime later.

Newark has two Vortex R3 sirens, but they're too far away, the closest being three miles at least.

thunderbolt69

Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:12 pm

I used to live 20 minutes from newark, ohio but that was before I go into the hobby.

Return to “Videos and Media”