kx250rider
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: kx250racer

Sirens in Northern Los Angeles suburbs?

Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:12 am

As it has been discussed in other threads, we know that Los Angeles County maintained a CD siren system. We also know that the adjoining cities of Beverly Hills (T-bolts at just about every block), Hermosa Beach, Torrance, West Covina (T-bolts and others) and Culver City (Allertors) also had their own siren systems.

But does anyone know about Ventura County (Simi Valley, Fillmore, Santa Paula, Thousand Oaks, Moorpark, Ojai, Camarillo, Oxnard, Port Hueneme, etc)? I have asked around in Simi and Moorpark, but it seems nobody remembers. I can't find any sirens still installed anywhere in Ventura County. However, that county is very progressive, and likely would have done as Beverly Hills did and removed any obsolete sirens. Most all public buildings in Simi Valley and Moorpark were built after the 1994 earthquake, so that could explain the disappearance of Cold War era sirens if any ever existed in those places.

If anyone knows of a location, I will go check it to see if it's still there. Anyway, just curious...

Charles
Yes, that's a real 500-lb Federal SD-10 I'm holding (braggart!)

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”