thunderbeam63

jamestown ND sirens.

Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:54 pm

anybody thats been here or lives there please tell me what sirens there are and where they are at. :(
PENIS!

CrownV97

Long awaited Jamestown warning siren system info.

Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:32 am

Hey, man. I got info on Jamestown's system. In June of 2002, I had gone a trip to Jamestown because my bro had to do some training before going on his Boy Scout Jamboree trip to D.C. The morning we got there, I saw the Jamestown newspaper and the front page story was about the city's new warning siren system. That day was my 14th birthday, so that was really cool. The city bought the American Signal T-128 series siren. About 12 sirens as best as I can remember. I had clipped out the article, but I need to find it again. Anyway, they had a picture of the city's ladder truck removing a Federal STL-10 from the building's roof and the American Signal company van pulling the T-128 on a trailer. Here's the best part of the trip. Our hotel where we were staying was right across from Jamestown Communications. That STL-10 was sitting right in the back lot of the building on a trailer! I couldn't believe it. So I picked up a disposable camera and took a lot of pics. I got a couple of pics of one T-128 siren next to a rusty STH-10 on it's smaller post platform. If you want to get those pics, I'll scan them for ya and e-mail them. The news article may need to send later, as I have to find it again. Hope that answers your question, dude. Keep rockin.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”