RedAlpha

Siren Control Box (PC Case Idea)

Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:42 pm

This idea just dawned on me. How cool would a siren control box pc case be? I did a quick photoshop mock up of what the side might look like.
I know the federal signal logo is a newer logo, but, eh, I didn't care much for historic accuracy for now.

EDIT: Almost forgot, It would be really cool if the buttons for the case actually did function for the pc, like turn it on and off.

Trey
YouTube Username: SD10s4ever

Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:44 pm

If I get what you are saying I think it sounds cool, but possibly costly, and definately time consuming.

Jim_Ferer

Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:34 pm

That wouldn't even be extreme for a case mod. You should see some of the stuff people do. The right color yellow powder coating or high-gloss paint job would be the only challenge. You could even set up a mock-up rotator box and horn that you could install on top, and use a sample of the siren winding up as your start-up sound. (Of course, your shut-down sound would be a wind-down.)

But if you're going to put the effort into it, go for authenticity. If you try hard enough, the project will take over your entire life, and you'll have to give up family, friends, food, and sex. What else are hobbies good for?

RedAlpha

Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:17 pm

Jim_Ferer wrote:That wouldn't even be extreme for a case mod. You should see some of the stuff people do. The right color yellow powder coating or high-gloss paint job would be the only challenge. You could even set up a mock-up rotator box and horn that you could install on top, and use a sample of the siren winding up as your start-up sound. (Of course, your shut-down sound would be a wind-down.)

But if you're going to put the effort into it, go for authenticity. If you try hard enough, the project will take over your entire life, and you'll have to give up family, friends, food, and sex. What else are hobbies good for?
Haha, true. I've seen alot of case mods, some of those people have waay too much time on their hands.

Justin

Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:47 am

A can of CD Yellow spray paint and a CD sticker slapped on the side should be sufficient.

It's not that interesting, but nice ice-breaker.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”