flyonby13

Siren test stuck in attack tone

Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:46 pm

Today was Cabot AR?s siren test day. I drove back there one last time for the last test I will see there for along time. At 12:00 the sirens turned on and to my surprise it was doing the attack tone which is not the normal test tone. The weird thing is that they tested it 5-6 times to get the alert tone working. I went to look at the sirens and they seemed to be fine. So I called the fire department to see why the sirens weren?t doing the regular test tone. He told me ?The siren system is old and has some problems? What do you think went wrong with the system because the siren system worked every other time that I was there?
-Nathan-

thunderbolt1003kid

Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:38 am

malfunctions occurs more often when a siren system get older your city may just end up buying a whole new system if the budget allowes

I_Love_Sirens_lol

Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:48 am

yeah usually the city cant pay 4 it so they just leave it not cool huh
my like sirens and dragons

jerrylovessirens

Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:04 pm

I wonder if the timer rings need to be cleaned, and the collectors. If is that, and everything isn't frozen up, it would be possible to fix it with some time. Maybe Eric should give them a call!

Justin

Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:06 am

The weird thing is that they tested it 5-6 times to get the alert tone working.
So they fired it up that many times? Hmm. Im not much of a whizz with this, but the fault could lie with the encoder/decoder. Or the Collector and timer rings like Jerry mentioned.

Eric could make a killing fixing up all the old sirens around his area if there was demand for it.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”