Blasty

Anyone from the old board happen to save these images?

Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:47 am

Some of you from the old board may remember the three SWS Flyers with my first crudely made 3-D siren models. I no longer have these nor are they on my site. These are the flyers that showed sirens such as a 165dB or so monster that would make people "soil their pants" as well as some rotating thunderbolt/allertor-like sirens that were a bigger than a T-135. Below is the only picture I have from these, which was made into an avatar.

Another picture I don't seem to have any more (that I'd really like to find) is one that I peiced together that depicts soldiers performing maintenance on two absolutely monstrous sirens on a mountain side during WWII. It was made to look like an aged photo, and had a caption on the bottom, but I forgot exactly what it said. If I remember correctly, this stuff was probably done in late 2003.

The images aren't gone forever, but are on my old hard drive (providing it hasn't been damaged yet) which doesn't want to work in my current computer. :x The images I burned to disks to transfer to this one don't include those pictures. I really don't want to pull this computer apart to get my old system back up to get the pictures just yet.

So, did anyone happen to save these pictures way back then? If you did, I'd really love to have them.

To refresh your memory, this is what the sirens in the WWII picture looked like (the only picture from back then that I could find, which happened to be on some abandoned webspace): http://www.sighost.us/members/blastmast ... mount3.jpg

AllSafe

Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:47 am

a siren of that scale would put out so much volume it would cause anyone standing within one hundred feet of the horns to be knocked out when it sounds. Not to mention that such a thing would cost millions to build.

Blasty

Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:51 am

That reminds me, I think I had prices on the flyers as well. I forgot what they were though :(

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”