SIRENMAN

Honest shot

Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:48 am

Jim: All that I want and pray for is an HONEST shot at this project. From day one it has been a nightmare with such ambiguous specifications and fictitious
reasons for rejection it has been frustrating. This process has been ongoing for four years and the cost to put in these bids has been over $5,000.00 out of my pocket.

This bid was rejected due to the bid amount being over the budget, but the funny thing was the bids were for 1 siren and then they would buy as many sirens that they had the money for. In 2009 Federal was awarded the bid for more money than my bid in 2010 where the money was over budget.

MUSTANGV8

Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:28 pm

Pounce on them :twisted: Like a cat on a mouse!
SIREN MASTER

Justin

Re: Honest shot

Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:20 pm

SIRENMAN wrote:In 2009 Federal was awarded the bid for more money than my bid in 2010 where the money was over budget.
It might just be my fried brain from too much assignment work but this sounds like there are some behind the curtains shenanigans going on.

Purely speculation, though. Hope the FOI request succeeds.

SIRENMAN

Bids

Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:53 pm

Fellow members in the past years we have heard of several places that have had trouble with their system and I do not want Hamilton County to fall into the same situation. Remember Zimmer, Jackson, Wayne Co, Dane Co, Indianapolis, ANSI Testing (or lack of) and I am sure that you can add to the list and please do.

You can help by writing letters, emails, tweets, and whatever the media and or the Hamilton County officials will listen to.

Thanks

Jpressman8

Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:11 pm

I think the folks down at the Hamilton County EMA have a biased point of view and it's totally negating decent decision making. ASC had a lower bid. Job gets awarded to ASC end of story. Did'nt happen, something shady is at work here. I smell illegal kickbacks and price breaks from FS under the table here. I think EMA is in bed with Federal and the only way for ASC to get a fair shot is for EMA to listen to the experts, resign or be removed from their positions. May sound severe but talking or sending letters to them is like talking to brick wall. You would think that EMA and director of county security would welcome input from concerned citizens on this matter. I guess it does not work that way here. The city of Cincinnati was recently sued by the F.O.P and they won the lawsuit against the city. The city was forcing assistant police chiefs to resign from the union which is against contract policy. It went unnoticed for many years until some one said hey this is'nt right and fought it and won. Point being, It's possible to fight this.
I invite our local ARS members and all of the out of town members to stand up and bombard the commissioners office with letters.
It is time for the members of this site to stand up as we have the opportunity to educate and inform the citizens of Hamilton County. Send your emails to the county commissioners at:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
Lets get them to play by the rules. I would hate to see one of the countries largest working siren systems ruined by ignorance. Could you imagine 200 2001-130 sirens every first Wednesday day of the month? That is if they all activate.
five liter V8

CJ

Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:05 am

I'm wondering how many members sent in tips to the I-team.

I know I did.
~Charlie J.

Jpressman8

Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:47 am

The I-Team seems to be a no show. I have sent 3 e-mails and have gotten no response. I contacted investigative reporter Jeff Hirsch at channel 12 on his direct number. I left a message and my number. I will let everyone know if we have a story or not. It seems that the Channel 9 I-Team is too high and mighty now to take any calls. :evil:
five liter V8

acoustics101

Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:59 pm

If they don't come through there's still WLWT TV 5, WKRC TV 12, WXIX TV 19 and WSTR Star 64. One or more of these ought to jump on it.

Jpressman8 wrote:The I-Team seems to be a no show. I have sent 3 e-mails and have gotten no response. I contacted investigative reporter Jeff Hirsch at channel 12 on his direct number. I left a message and my number. I will let everyone know if we have a story or not. It seems that the Channel 9 I-Team is too high and mighty now to take any calls. :evil:
The most overlooked opportunities are in the learning of and improvement in old technologies.

Richard Weisenberger

SIRENMAN

New Bid

Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:02 pm

UPDATE: Bids are not officially rejected until April 21 at the Commissioners meeting, but the new bids are out and you talk about being partial towards a company, well it is unbelievable. Anyone wants a copy of the bid please ask me I will send it to you. One good thing about it it further supports my belief that there is some questionable things in the bidding process in Hamilton County

Jpressman8

New Bid

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:23 pm

I'll take a copy. I think you have my e-mail address.
five liter V8

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”