holler
High Leg
High Leg
YouTube Username: Blue10AEmia

Tue May 04, 2010 3:13 am

"Dick Putt, from Federal Signal said he was "at a loss" to understand how American Signal won the bid."

Dick Putt, "interesting" name to say the least.

Jpressman8

Tue May 04, 2010 3:55 am

holler wrote:"Dick Putt, from Federal Signal said he was "at a loss" to understand how American Signal won the bid."

Dick Putt, "interesting" name to say the least.
I think he changed it to Putt I believe it used to be cranium. Oh Jeb you should have seen the look on his face when they announced the award to ASC. He tried to say that the warranty package and 24 hour service during tornado season is why their price jumped and that ASC was'nt including the 24 hour service during tornado season. Dave Wherry from ASC pretty much told the commissioners it was all included in the price. Wish you could have been there Jeb to see the look on his face priceless. 11 aye 0 ney from the board to award ASC it was beautiful.
five liter V8

Oldiesmann
YouTube Username: Oldiesmann

Tue May 04, 2010 4:21 am

Great to hear that ASC won the bid. I wish I could have been there to see the look on the Federal rep's face. :D

Thanks to everyone who helped with this. As much as I'll miss the Thunderbolts (and other classic sirens), it's good to know that the county is getting a great siren system.
Michael "Oldiesmann" Eshom
SMF

Charlie Davidson
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: soccerdude7330Official

Tue May 04, 2010 4:40 am

Good to hear that the four year rant has finally come to an end and that Cincinnati's getting yet another great system. Wish I could have seen the look on the Federal guy's face. :lol:

What's the plans for the old sirens? Is Werden getting all of them or is the city keeping them for themselves? (hopefully scrapping isn't an option)
Charlie Davidson

Storm Chasing? Storm Chasing.
Proud owner of a fully operational Thunderbolt 1000T warning siren. Test your speakers.

The YouTube Channel is alive again.

Looking for a manual? I probably have it here: SirenManuals.com

Jpressman8

Tue May 04, 2010 4:51 am

Not sure yet Charlie. Installation may be another bid process. We should know in the next week. The City may auction them off, but the townships may scrap them. Based on the figures there may be some old ones staying. 24 new sirens will be going into new areas with out coverage leaving 116 new T-128s 64 existing (32 T-128s) (32 2001s)sirens are getting upgraded for a total of 180 in the original areas. My guess is that they will retain 24 of the old sirens. Plus they will add 2 I-force or E-Class electronic voice sirens in the downtown area. These are guesstamates on my part.
five liter V8

nickrusche

Installation bid

Tue May 04, 2010 2:14 pm

If there is a bid for the installation of the sirens, I hope Clayton wins it. He has done a great job installing the T-128s near my house.

acoustics101

Tue May 04, 2010 3:26 pm

Great news! Apparently logic really can win over politics. You can't argue with numbers.
The most overlooked opportunities are in the learning of and improvement in old technologies.

Richard Weisenberger

Justin

Tue May 04, 2010 4:21 pm

jkvernon wrote:I almost wish there was a way to celebrate other than posting a message on an online forum ;)
I think I'll crack open a beer for this. Congrats!

SouthDakotaBoy2009

Tue May 04, 2010 6:23 pm

In the words of the Emperor, "We shall have........Peeeeacee."

Finally its over. now we can relax
You Are What You Are & I Yam What I Yam
My Youtube Account:
http://www.youtube.com/user/DigitalEagleInc

carexpertandy
YouTube Username: carexpertandy

Tue May 04, 2010 7:29 pm

Jpressman8 wrote:I will be trying to get the White Oak 1000T in my video and maybe one of the very old 2001s in an attempt to maybe modify it. :twisted:. Not sure yet.
But wouldn't all of the 2001s be staying?
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”