nickrusche

Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:57 am

So its not just me who thinks that's too close to the power lines. I would of loved to seen ANS install that one. I'm "shocked" that no one got electrocuted.

carexpertandy
YouTube Username: carexpertandy

Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:04 am

Many sirens seem to be too close to the street and still got hooked up. The engineer obviously doesn't seem to be keeping sirens from being able to be used.
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

bellyjae

Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:07 pm

Holy ice cubes this entire installation process is a nightmare. I'm sad.
"Hi floor! Make me a sammich!"

SIRENMAN

Nightmare

Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:11 pm

Forest Gump said it very well "Stupid is as stupid does" The whole process was dumped in Dana's lap and she has tried to do the best she can. Both directors have washed their hands of the project and the engineer disappeared down the shaft of "brown nosing"

Urbanexplorer
YouTube Username: 500 Internal Server Error

Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:10 am

bellyjae wrote:Holy ice cubes this entire installation process is a nightmare. I'm sad.
Look on the bright side: at least news outlets have been informing people that things aren't going as planned. Informed people create change.
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Formerly known as "Conky 2000".

SIRENMAN

media

Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:39 am

Urbanexplorer don't bet on it. The media in Hamilton County are too afraid to print this story. The political machine has all of them in their pocket. The Hamilton County EMA said on TV that there was only 15 sirens not working. So I sent an email from ASC president and admitted that there was 45 to 50% of the sirens in Hamilton County not working due to improper decommissioning of the old sirens. I also sent them a request to get the polling report from EMA that would prove 50% of the sirens were not working. The polling I have said 98 sirens not working 94 do work and that was when the tornado went through.

Oldiesmann
YouTube Username: Oldiesmann

Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:37 am

I've been trying to create change but the media don't seem to be biting. You would think in a town where the TV stations are always trying to outdo each other, someone would love to pick up a juicy "government wasting taxpayers money" story. I think part of the problem though is that the EMA director is not an elected position. The voters have limited power to oust this idiot and get someone who actually takes their job seriously.
Michael "Oldiesmann" Eshom
SMF

nickrusche

Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:50 pm

Drove past the Cheviot T-128 this evening, and saw that it is now connected to the electric. I then went past the Green Township Senior Center T-128, and that one does not appear to be connected yet. If any one else knows differently about the Green Township Senior Center T-128, let me know.

When Brandon Phillips hit a home run during tonight's game, I could of sworn that I heard some sort of siren. Does any body notice that, either watching it on television, or actually being at the stadium?

Oldiesmann
YouTube Username: Oldiesmann

Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:29 am

It might have been a special effect on TV. As far as I know, the Reds don't have a home run siren. Several other teams do though (most notably the Arizona Diamondbacks).
Michael "Oldiesmann" Eshom
SMF

BadgerSiren

Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:43 am

Yeah, I've heard the siren during Reds games. Quite a few teams play the sound effect over their PA system for home runs. Yankees have used it since the new Yankee Stadium opened in 2009.
Last edited by BadgerSiren on Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
A resident of arguably the most siren-diverse county in history.

Return to “Community Systems”