SIRENMAN

Micky Mouse

Wed May 02, 2012 3:57 am

You know what else upsets me is professionalism or lack there of. Duke wants an address to hook up the siren so you need to put a temporary sign on the pole to accomplish this. The part that pi**es me of is the jacka** that took his Sharpie out and wrote on the box. What a Micky Mouse Company. If you want to put up an address spend a buck and get it professionally done and engraved also look at the key locks ASC puts this stupid tape over the locks and the tape over time destroys the chrome on the locks. A good engineer would make them replace the locks and get an engraved sign for the address. This is the difference in a professional and Micky Mouse installers and engineers

Oldiesmann
YouTube Username: Oldiesmann

Wed May 02, 2012 4:11 pm

Doesn't sound like there is a replacement for the local TBolt as it just sounded for the monthly test (along with the T-128 at Hamilton and Ashtree, though the TBolt all but drowned it out). However, the attack cycle on the TBolt was really odd this time. At times it sounded more like a loud, low-toned police/fire siren than a storm/air raid siren in attack. Not sure what's up with that.
Michael "Oldiesmann" Eshom
SMF

carexpertandy
YouTube Username: carexpertandy

Wed May 02, 2012 7:40 pm

There also doesn't seem to be a replacement yet for the Mt. Healthy 1003, I was able to hear it from school today. The packet shows its replacement to go in the same spot on the roof of the municipal building, but let's see what happens.
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

mrboojay
YouTube Username: mrboojay13
Discord: mrboojay

Thu May 03, 2012 3:10 am

There is no replacement yet for the Thunderbolt on top of the Central Parkway YMCA building yet. I went and recorded it today and it went off so there is no replacement as far as I know and we did not see a T-128 any where, though it does not rotate. When it winded down on the final attack cycle I could here a T-128 do a cycle of attack as well.

I do not know if this is supposed to happen or not but on the attack cycle it did one long burst and three low short ones.

I will have the video up soon hopefully.
Proud owner of a 1986 Thunderbeam RSH-10B (Blown) and a 1954 Thunderbolt 1000A. (With 4/5)
flickr
YouTube

carexpertandy

Thu May 03, 2012 10:42 am

Doesn't surprise me, that one hasn't rotated for at least 4 years. It's been pointed east each time I saw it at least since then.
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

Oldiesmann

Fri May 04, 2012 6:10 pm

What I don't understand is why some of the roof-mounted sirens are getting pole-mounted replacements while others aren't, especially when at least one of those replacements makes absolutely no sense (why would you put a siren 10-15 feet from the base of a brick water tower when the tower will obviously block some of the sound from the siren?).

I'm guessing the reason they haven't replaced the one down here yet is that a pole-mounted siren would not have anywhere near the same coverage as a roof-mounted one (though that didn't seem to stop them from planting one in front of the Mt. Airy water towers...).

It still annoys me that they've managed to completely screw up what was a carefully planned process. Obviously our EMA director isn't a stickler for ensuring that work gets done properly.
SMF

carexpertandy

Sat May 05, 2012 1:53 am

I have also not seen replacements yet for Tri-County and College Hill, both of which are supposed to be pole-mounted. I wonder how many more sirens still need to be installed.

The Thunderbolt on the roof of the Northside fire station looks like it may not be mounted as high up as the pole-mounted T-128s in Hamilton County are going. Looking at an aerial map of Northside, it could easily go behind the fire station or in Jacob Hoffner Park and still provide good coverage.

nickrusche

Sat May 05, 2012 2:26 am

Have any of you guys heard if the 2001s are getting replaced as well? I drove past the Kuliga Park 2001 within the past couple of weeks and saw no T-128 back there yet.

Also, is there a way that I can fuse two of my videos together on YouTube? My mom, brother and I were in St. Bernard this past Wednesday to pick up my Aunt to take her out to dinner for her birthday and we drove past the new T-128 and the Thunderbolt 1000 on top of the Elementary school and it looked like they both activated for the test, because the horns were facing different directions since the last time I saw them. Like the video from hookecho80 on YouTube with T-128 and Sterling M, it would be see how the 1000 and T-128 sounded together. I still have the video of the 1000 (I think) and I have a video of the T-128 on Harrison Avenue and Filview Circle.

How would I go about fusing these video's together?

Thanks!

We are going to a golf tournament dinner at Pebble Creek Golf Course tomorrow night and over the weekend, we went past it to see how to get there (cause it had been awhile since we had been there), I saw a new T-128 at the entrance to the golf course.

carexpertandy

Sat May 05, 2012 10:48 am

Right now, I'm sort of doubting 2001s will get replaced. I think the 22 more T-128s that were purchased are to complete 100% coverage since it sounds like ASC lied with coverage calculations. When looking at my map, which isn't entirely accurate yet, I can see what look like a few gaps.

Oldiesmann

Sat May 05, 2012 4:54 pm

nickrusche wrote:Have any of you guys heard if the 2001s are getting replaced as well? I drove past the Kuliga Park 2001 within the past couple of weeks and saw no T-128 back there yet.

Also, is there a way that I can fuse two of my videos together on YouTube? My mom, brother and I were in St. Bernard this past Wednesday to pick up my Aunt to take her out to dinner for her birthday and we drove past the new T-128 and the Thunderbolt 1000 on top of the Elementary school and it looked like they both activated for the test, because the horns were facing different directions since the last time I saw them. Like the video from hookecho80 on YouTube with T-128 and Sterling M, it would be see how the 1000 and T-128 sounded together. I still have the video of the 1000 (I think) and I have a video of the T-128 on Harrison Avenue and Filview Circle.

How would I go about fusing these video's together?

Thanks!

We are going to a golf tournament dinner at Pebble Creek Golf Course tomorrow night and over the weekend, we went past it to see how to get there (cause it had been awhile since we had been there), I saw a new T-128 at the entrance to the golf course.
I'm not sure how you'd fuse the two videos together. You'd likely need video editing software of some sort (I don't know if Windows Movie Maker could do what you want, and the Adobe products, while good, are quite expensive).

As far as both sirens activating - right now the county is activating both systems until all of the installations/upgrades are completed. I still have no idea when that's supposed to happen though.
SMF

Return to “Community Systems”