Allenorgan42099

Re: The "Various Sirens" series and others

Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:47 pm

Could you add the siren that is platform/pole-mounted behind the Linden Volunteer Fire Department near Front Royal, VA? I'm not sure what kind it is. Maybe a Decot or Erick. I think there may be another siren there now as well but I'm not sure.

PeachtreeSirens
YouTube Username: PeachtreeSirens

Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:06 pm

I'll add that next update, thanks for submitting it. ;)

Another Virginia update today focusing on military bases. Mostly Modulators and WAVES with a few ATIs...and a Thunderbolt on Naval Station Norfolk, found completely by chance today in the field. This marks the first Thunderbolt found in the state outside of northern Virginia. Took me long enough...

Also, see this post for more on a little something related to the Virginia map I'm doing tonight in the IRC party.

Coming up next...who knows? Whatever I feel like, probably. :P
Don't wait. Take a siren photo today.
I was VASirens, but I moved.Check out IRC!
Proud owner of a frozen Model A, a Darley Champion "L", an Ademco 12V beehive, a few horns, a brass whistle and several old weather radios that sound like sirens. Those last three count, right?

Allenorgan42099

Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:05 pm

VASirens wrote:I'll add that next update, thanks for submitting it. ;)

Another Virginia update today focusing on military bases. Mostly Modulators and WAVES with a few ATIs...and a Thunderbolt on Naval Station Norfolk, found completely by chance today in the field. This marks the first Thunderbolt found in the state outside of northern Virginia. Took me long enough...

Also, see this post for more on a little something related to the Virginia map I'm doing tonight in the IRC party.

Coming up next...who knows? Whatever I feel like, probably. :P
Sure. I can give you other locations too.

PeachtreeSirens

Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:09 pm

Hark, a new map! The fun has been doubled!

South Dakota becomes the latest state to receive my mapping graces, in collaboration with PugetSoundStormWatch. The initial content focuses on the I-90 corridor, as that's where I've actually been in person (twice, as a matter of fact, but the first time was before I became interested in sirens). I'll gradually be adding locations from the old SD Siren NetWork map as time goes on...and of course, please feel free to send in locations I've missed!

The South Dakota map is the debut of an updated schema for pin colors, icons and the like - it will probably not be backported to existing maps, simply because I don't feel like blowing an entire weekend converting at least 1500, probably 2000 or more, locations. You will see it on any future maps I do, though.

There's also a rather large Virginia update today, but with only a few new sirens - rather, this update focuses on older photos I never added for whatever reason. And boy, are there are a lot of them...check around the North Anna system, Fort Eustis, and the US 460 corridor from Petersburg to Suffolk. There's also photos of the sirens in Opal and Reynolds Store.

Also, the speaker arrays in Fort Eustis have been identified as ADT ClearVoices. The cell counts on the Modulators there have also been corrected - they are 3012s. The Linden mystery has also been added.

Coming up next...perhaps another new map, perhaps some more updates. Who knows? I sure don't!

(Oh, and by the way, the SD map is not the result of the challenge I issued for the IRC party last week. 4J25 won that, but he hasn't given me his choice yet.)
Last edited by PeachtreeSirens on Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud owner of a frozen Model A, a Darley Champion "L", an Ademco 12V beehive, a few horns, a brass whistle and several old weather radios that sound like sirens. Those last three count, right?

Allenorgan42099

Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:36 am

When I get off work, could I send you the location of the other STH-10 in Leesburg, VA, on Market Street?

PeachtreeSirens

Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:15 am

Two small updates tonight...a Virginia update featuring fresh (this afternoon, in fact) photos of a dozen Surry sirens in Williamsburg and James City County, plus the rest of the College of William & Mary's system and a random Cheatham Annex DSA I discovered on the way home, and a North Carolina update with 4 new sirens in the eastern part of the state.

Coming up next, more random updates.

PeachtreeSirens

Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:17 am

A Virginia update tonight featuring the content from today's quest, plus a random Model 2 I found a while back, forgot to add, and then drove by again today (no photos of it yet). Also corrected the status info on the 3016 and 3V8 pair in Crewe - never remembered to fix it after visiting them in the field way back in March 2014.

PeachtreeSirens

Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:19 am

Despite my failing to post anything here lately, there have been updates here...the Maryland map in particular has received a lot of additions.

I'm thinking my next project will be a return to an abortive attempt at a Louisiana map from a while ago. If you've got any locations, please send them in!

freebrickproductions
YouTube Username: freebrickproductions

Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:03 pm

You still haven't added this Whelen in Paterson, NJ next to the 6th Avenue railroad crossing on the NYSW's line: ;)
https://www.google.com/maps/@40.9331848 ... wVsskA!2e0

There might be more Whelens around the city, but I haven't checked to see.
Collector of railroad crossing equipment, traffic lights, and fans.
I'm 20 years old and a Huntsville, AL native.

Friends don't let friends post videos with tones.

Allenorgan42099

Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:30 am

Calvin, there is a Model 2 on top of South End Fire Co, on W Monmouth St in Winchester, VA. Hope you can add it to the map.

Return to “Siren Maps”