Jim_Ferer

Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:19 am

STH10B wrote:Just ask the NRC for a small nuclear reactor and set a T-135 in your truck and take a trip to the country. :P

No, if you want a vehicle horn, just get a new one or put in a train horn, or even a small vehicle siren such as one of those 12VDC Universal Security Instrument sirens off eBay.
We're back to the "you can't have a siren on a private vehicle" thing. Every state has laws about how loud a horn you can have, too.

Trey
YouTube Username: SD10s4ever

Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:32 am

Yeah, the smartest thing for you to do is just get a new horn installed in your vehicle.

Also the most legal.

cdvtripleseven

Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:07 am

well, i guess i do have plenty of time to think about all this. i get my permit next month, so i guess i can just get a air horn or something.
You aren't even driving yet?
I guess you probably don't even have a Sterling either.
Dad, what does that CD mean on that big yellow horn? Well son, I believe it stands for Cyclone Device......

pyramid head

Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:53 am

well, thats why i was asking if it is plausable. this summer i am going on a hunt to get a few things, and i only had that one idead(which i really didnt think would work anyway) to see if i could do something with them befor they go into cold storage untill i get my own home.

Daniel

Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:15 pm

robert gift wrote:It takes too long for an air raid siren, or any mechanical siren, to rev up to be quick enough as a warning to avoid a T-bone by some bonehead on his cell phone.

That is where you want a railroad locomotive horn!!
A Hurricane on your car! Sure, the trumpet will cut your gas mileage in half, but you could literally shatter the windows of the vehicle in front of you, or even disintegrate a bicyclist or a dog, plus you could channel exhaust gases through it to make one hell of a loud turbocharger.
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

pyramid head

Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:23 am

well, every one here is making me avoid that with negative karma, i might just go and put a loudspeaker(one of the small ones) on my truck so i can actualy scream at them~ hey crackhead, get the hell out of my way!lol

pyramid head

Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:59 am

oh god no,not another negative! are the aca allertor's sappose to spin 360 while blasting? i have seen a few vids. and they dont move...

Robert Gift

Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:30 am

Yes, Allertors rotate.
They are somewhat directional in their sound propogation.
I'd love to see their 360 degree sound propogation chart. "footprint"
I think they have a design problem and something fails and they rotate hap-hazardly or stop rotating.

SirenMadness

Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:51 am

The belt systems, found on most Allertors and Penetrators, are long-gone now.

Anyway, to avoid deviating this thread from its original intention, let me say that the best thing for you would be to put dampers in the intakes of the Sterling, with small holes, so that the Sterling can make sound that is noticeable yet not beyond limits.
~ Peter Radanovic

pyramid head

Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:19 pm

well, thank you all for your input and forsight. now i have to get one and deside on what to do next.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”