PugetSoundStormWatch
YouTube Username: MiltonWATech99

Re: My NE IL Siren Photos (Some Rare)

Wed May 08, 2013 11:37 pm

firealarm211 wrote:
sirensandfirealarms wrote: isnt that the new Clm siren thing
Uhh what?
That's what i just said...
22-year-old Seattle native. Green River College.
I like DJ equipment, Weather Radios (23 in my collection), Fire Alarms, and Sirens.
Future Meteorologist! Go Hawks!

carexpertandy
YouTube Username: carexpertandy

Thu May 09, 2013 12:20 am

PugetSoundStormWatch wrote:
firealarm211 wrote:
sirensandfirealarms wrote: isnt that the new Clm siren thing
Uhh what?
The reason he asked is because the siren is technically not "new." CLM sirens are no longer made, plus I don't think they even exist in the United States.
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

Mark N
Supporter
Supporter

Thu May 09, 2013 12:33 am

carexpertandy wrote:
PugetSoundStormWatch wrote:
firealarm211 wrote:
Uhh what?
The reason he asked is because the siren is technically not "new." CLM sirens are no longer made, plus I don't think they even exist in the United States.
He is probably referring to the new thread about that removed CLM in Edmonton I think.

carexpertandy
YouTube Username: carexpertandy

Thu May 09, 2013 12:52 am

2T22Bman wrote:He is probably referring to the new thread about that removed CLM in Edmonton I think.
Yeah I know, but just the way he said it sounded as if it was a "new" siren.
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

Mark N
Supporter
Supporter

Thu May 09, 2013 12:56 am

carexpertandy wrote:
2T22Bman wrote:He is probably referring to the new thread about that removed CLM in Edmonton I think.
Yeah I know, but just the way he said it sounded as if it was a "new" siren.
Maybe he got the siren mixed up and thought it was something new because of the recent topic for whatever reason.

sirensandfirealarms
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: SuperSirex127
Discord: SuperSirex127#3917

Thu May 09, 2013 1:08 am

oops, so sorry
Proud owner of 4 Model As(all in a state of disrepair), a USI siren, and a 16-port rotor from a Sterling M-10.

Mark N
Supporter
Supporter

Thu May 09, 2013 1:13 am

sirensandfirealarms wrote:oops, so sorry
Hey, it's fine. We all mix up sirens at some point, and I'm pretty sure everyone here didn't know a thing about sirens when they first looked in to them. :wink:

Crazywarriorman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: crazywarriorman

Thu May 09, 2013 1:16 am

Federal Signal fan wrote:
I made a second trip to Rantoul, IL to find that old Carter/Gents/etc. siren that was by the old fire department:

Old FS Model 5/7 on an old radar tower:
Model 5/7 by SantaFebuff, on Flickr

What?! They tore down the water tower the old siren was on!?!:
Why u do dis Rantoul by SantaFebuff, on Flickr

Did anyone get any pictures of what was on top of the old water tower? Was I just not seeing things or was there even a siren on it?
AH! Finally something I can contribute too! I was planning on going to Parkland College in Champaign earlier this year, but it ended up being way to pricey for me. In the short time that I considered it I did some research on the county and got the chance to talk with the EMA coordinator for the county. He was the most helpful EMA director I have ever met in my 6 years in this fandom. He ended up giving me a map for the county, and by god if Champaign County isn't more diverse than Dane County in Wisconsin. Thunderbolts, Allertors, Banshees, Sentrys, You name it, Champaign County has got it.

http://goo.gl/maps/ZfxgY

Back to Rantoul. They've got a mixed system of Thunderbeams, 2001s and 1 Vortex. If you're ever out there again make sure to go to the city garage/public works department, if my memory serves me right they have a Thunderbeam and possibly your mystery siren there :wink:
Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.

JMAN
YouTube Username: JMAN.WiS&S
Discord: @JMAN.WiS&S#2001

Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:15 pm

Federal Signal fan wrote:Okay, I understand double posting is a shameful thing to do. Hear me out though, I just realized how far behind I am with sharing with you guys my siren photos, so here's the deal. I'm going to cram as many as I can in this single reply and wait 4 hours and do it again.

Bonfield, IL FS 2001 SRN?(B):
IMG_5162 by SantaFebuff, on Flickr

Well that should be PLENTY for now. I'm going to comb through my pictures and these posts to see if I can't find any I haven't shared yet.

Please do correct me on my information, I'm rusting up on my siren-speak and could use some WD-40. :)

Cheers,
Joshua

This is not a 2001 SRNB, or SRN, this is a 2001 DC or Possibly and AC. I can tell because of one- you can see the rotator box is rectangular AND has the faded federal signal logo on the box. Plus on the outer edge of the horn you can see the black ring that held the screens on the DC's in.
Owner of a Federal Signal 2001-DC & B9

YouTube: https://youtube.com/c/JMANWiSS
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/people/99160587@N07/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jman.wissotas ... als/?hl=en
Discord: JMAN.WiS&S#2001

murrfarms
YouTube Username: murrfarms

Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:48 pm

JMAN12343610 wrote:This is not a 2001 SRNB, or SRN, this is a 2001 DC or Possibly and AC. I can tell because of one- you can see the rotator box is rectangular AND has the faded federal signal logo on the box. Plus on the outer edge of the horn you can see the black ring that held the screens on the DC's in.
Technically speaking, all 2001 models before the SRNB were SRNs, including the "round back" style. They just had different generations throughout their production, starting with the first generation SRN with the rounded top, ending with the fourth generation that featured the exponential motor cover and lack of labeling on the rotator enclosure panels. The one in Joshua's photo is what I refer to as the second generation, which still used a tapered motor cover from the first generation and a large screen covering the end of the projector.
-Ian M.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”