Thunderboltlover
YouTube Username: thunderboltlover

Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:46 am

The reason I saved my 1003 from the demolition of the building it was on was to keep it around for another town to use and be protected by. It's a whole 3-phase unit, 1970 (A series), complete with an RCM1A and RCM3. Please mention it to them, and put them into contact with me if they're interested.
Proud owner of a Thunderbolt 1003

Thunderboltlover

Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:25 am

Any news with these mentioned sirens recently?

Crazywarriorman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: crazywarriorman

Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:37 am

Thunderboltlover wrote:Any news with these mentioned sirens recently?
I've talked with the man who is in charge of the Rock Creek one, they told me that they might consider a trade if worse comes to worse. I will recieve more info on the matter on Monday.
Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.

Tkjns

Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:07 am

Here's the latest on the Oakland Acres SoundMaster as quoted from their city council minutes at the last meeting

"Other Old Business: Osten discussed his frustration with the tornado siren not being fixed. He stated that the Council had already approved to either repair or replace the siren last summer. Discussion had started in the spring. He also said that once the Council has made a decision, it needs to be followed up on regardless of the opinion of the maintenance person/mayor. Osten finds it unacceptable that the city is going into another tornado season while ignoring the residents? safety. He stated that the issue is more than just the tornado siren, it is the authority of the Council to make decisions and have them carried out. Osten wanted to go on public record saying that he feels that the issue with the tornado siren is being ignored and not followed up on.

Osten also wanted to state that the Council made a resolution that the maintenance person could spend up to $200 per month without council approval. Osten said this has been ignored and would like to see that stopped as well. As a Council member, he would like to know what is going to be bought before it is bought."

I was under the impression the siren was functioning in some form again, but this passage appears to suggest otherwise. Given the tornadoes that moved through this area a few weeks ago, it is likely that they will try to take some action soon.
Jake H.

Tkjns

Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:34 pm

Sorry to keep bringing up this post, but those interested will be glad to hear that the Oakland Acres SoundMaster is now functioning correctly again. I recently heard from the city that an electrical firm did an overhaul on the siren and they now hope to do some testing with in the near future and afterwards resume it's regular testing schedule!
Jake H.

Crazywarriorman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: crazywarriorman

Wed May 18, 2011 9:35 pm

I just checked my other email today, and got a message from the man in charge of the Rock Creek siren. He says the siren is still tenative at the moment, but they are going to try to test every Wednesday at noon as much as possible. Just thought I'd let everyone know.
Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.

SilenceIsNotAlwaysGolden

Mon May 30, 2011 11:08 pm

Wow that second SoundMaster really got a facelift. Looks pretty funny sitting up there like that. But it is a really good fix if the rotator is broken. I'm glad to see someone restoring it instead of scrapping the thing...these other towns throwing away old sirens have no idea what they're worth!
Sirens save your life. If you don't believe it, you just wait until the day when you wake up with no arse.

3t22fan

Tue May 31, 2011 12:55 am

Can you get a video of one of those 2 sirens?
Whatever you are doing in life, always give 100%, unless you're donating blood.

Tkjns

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:33 am

Well, if they can keep with their tentative schedule, I'll be there tomorrow at noon with a video camera. I can't promise anything but if it goes off, I'll get it on film.
Jake H.

Thunderboltlover

Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:25 am

Sorry to bring up a really old post, but I haven't been on in quite a while.
Were you able to record it?

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”