Whelen Rules

Siren Test tomorrow

Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:49 am

The sirens are supposed to be tested tomorrow though I do not know if they will since its December. But I will have my recorder out and be ready just incase they do test.
Tyler Lund

kswx29

Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:02 pm

Sirens here in Topeka, Kansas test EVERY monday...even in winter. We use the sirens for Notifcation of Tornadoes, but also National Emergencys such as attacks, junk like that. So they need to be working 24/7. The only time they arnt tested is if wx conditions are Icy, extremly cold, it is a holiday, or the skys are overcast/svr wx watches also.

Whelen Rules

Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:43 pm

tboltboy wrote:Sirens here in Topeka, Kansas test EVERY monday...even in winter. We use the sirens for Notifcation of Tornadoes, but also National Emergencys such as attacks, junk like that. So they need to be working 24/7. The only time they arnt tested is if wx conditions are Icy, extremly cold, it is a holiday, or the skys are overcast/svr wx watches also.
Bad news they silent tested this morning. We currently only use the sirens strictly for tornado warnings but it has been discussed that they could use them for train derailment. We have an Air Force Base here in Tullahoma AEDC( Arnold Engineering Development Center USAF) Which means we have a potential for attacks especially because their are top secret testing done out there as well as some of the biggest wind tunnels in the world, but yet even with the uneasy times in Iraq and N. Korea we still don't use the sirens for national emergencies.
Tyler Lund

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”