bradhig

Wildwood residents upset about new siren.

Tue May 17, 2011 2:24 pm

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.as ... yid=259213

St. Louis County puts a 2910 in their neighborhood and they think it's unsightly.

holler
High Leg
High Leg
YouTube Username: Blue10AEmia

Tue May 17, 2011 2:52 pm

Should have put up an allertor on a knotty pine pole...

I would like to see things from their point of view but I can't stick my head that far up my arse.

BotdfAllertor

Tue May 17, 2011 3:23 pm

So they were complaining about "delicate ears hearing it," but they're perfectly fine with putting it next to a community pool?

That's rather ungrateful if you ask me. They are given a siren to keep everyone safe, but they are complaining about it because it is placed somewhere where a lot of people can see it? They should be thankful that they have a nice new siren in their area to keep them safe.

Personally I think it'd be really cool to have "a siren in my backyard," but that's just me. :lol:
Last edited by BotdfAllertor on Tue May 17, 2011 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sirenita

Tue May 17, 2011 3:46 pm

as far as sirens go, I think that the 2910 is the most "pleasant" sounding for the average person. I think the EMA should spite them and put in an EOWS with alternate wail. and paint it bright freaking orange.
chicks like sirens, too.

tachi88

Tue May 17, 2011 4:41 pm

One of these days that "eyesore" is going to save their lives.
Proud owner of a Thunderbolt 1000A

weasel2htm
YouTube Username: weasel2htm

Tue May 17, 2011 4:54 pm

Can our Wisconsin members donate some cheese to go with their w(h)ine!

Two things I cannot stand, liars and whiners!

AQHort

Tue May 17, 2011 4:58 pm

This remids me of my cousin who saw a Whelen before. She described it as an ugly bee-hive looking siren. She utterly despises them. I on the under hand like whelens. These people should be grateful that they have a siren to warn them. When a EF3 or greater tornado comes through and destroys everything they will wish that they had that siren. Some people are just so difficult to please.

Westgate Thunderbolt

Tue May 17, 2011 5:27 pm

They are worried about cars hitting it? If a car hits it they were driving where they shouldn't be anyway.

Do they not have other poles in this comunity for running power, telephone lines and cable television like every other comunity in the U.S.? I think those should come down too to make there neighborhood even more beautiful!

Justin

Westgate Thunderbolt

Tue May 17, 2011 5:28 pm

They are worried about cars hitting it? If a car hits it they were driving where they shouldn't be anyway.

Do they not have other poles in this comunity for running power, telephone lines and cable television like every other comunity in the U.S.? I think those should come down too to make there neighborhood even more beautiful!

Justin

jkvernon

Tue May 17, 2011 5:32 pm

That's pathetic. Oh No! We can't have a siren protecting our neighborhood. It's too ugly. That's one of the dumber ones I've heard.

In Dublin, just a few miles west of me, the median household income is over $110,000 and the average home value just under $400,000. It's a pretty freaking nice area. Probably nicer than Wildwood and the city is littered with 2750s, 2805s and 2905s. And they still install them. The same can be said for Southlake, TX. A crazy nice area with an "ugly" siren.

I hate pettiness.
Neck Ties...Contracts...High Voltage!

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”