Nelso90

Incredibly crappy recording of my Model-D

Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:25 am

It's almost embarrassing!
Do your clicking here!
I just got done sanding the stator a little, and I wanted to "Clean it out" I didn't feel like compressed air did the job! :P
I can't wait until I start work on my T-Bolt!

pyramid head

Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:28 am

Well, nothing is perfect. So this means you are not a freak of nature! Just an average joe like the rest of us. Im pretty sure one day you will have a very good recording so you can boast of your greatness! Good luck on your Thunderbolt.
Pyramid head walks into a bar... there are no survivors.

SirenMadness

Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:33 am

That little thing sounds pretty mean! Man, was there ever allot of discussion on restoring your Model D, on the old board! Finally, after over a year, the sound is revealed!
~ Peter Radanovic

Trey
YouTube Username: SD10s4ever

Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:57 am

Nice sound Mike!

Love the tone of the Model D.

As an odd coincidence, I made a couple of recordings of my Model A today using my AR timer.

I'll post the link when I get the recordings uploaded.

Nelso90

Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:46 am

Thanks! I'm still having a little clearance issue between the rotor and stator, but it should fix itself! :twisted: (My neighbors will love me)
It does sound mean though. I need to find a decent 6VDC source for my fire truck siren. It sounds meaner!
I am right behind it when I set it off, and even with full ears on, I'm still too chicken to let it come up to full speed!
When I got it, the motor was shot, so I set out to find a new one. My first (and only) stop, Ax-Man, otherwise known as the world's coolest surplus store. I looked around forever, and just when I thought there was no hope, I found a 120VAC 1/3HP 10,000RPM universal motor. It's huge too! It's substantially bigger than the motor it came with. I had it tested, and it was really quiet! It just zipped right up to its rated speed. So we had so do some modifications to the stator and rotor, but we managed to do it, and it only touches in one spot, so I'd call it a success.

AllSafe

Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:27 pm

Sounds like what it isn't- a fire truck siren.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”