Archon

Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:57 am

It can be done I turned my 1000 into a 1000t and it's a 4/5 port

scooterbugs25

Re: THUNDERBOLT

Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:55 am

bwf76 wrote:THAT IS A GOOD VIDEO! ITS GOOD TO SEE THUNDERBOLTS IN THE OHIO REGION!! IM IN MONTGOMERY COUNTY (DAYTON/CENTERVILLE AREA) AND THERE IS QUITE A FEW THUNDERBOLTS STILL UP & RUNNING!
We don't need to use ALL CAPITALS when writing our posts. K?
Does centerville uses tbolts? I know Dayton does not have Sirens anymore.

Thanks for the Video! Great Job!!

bwf76

Centerville T-bolts

Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:00 pm

Washington Townsip provides fire/medical services for both Washington Township and the city of Centerville. In fact, all the tornado sirens in this area are all T-bolts. I am unsure of the models but I know that they use both the attack and alert modes. They test them the 1st Monday of the month at noon. I do know that none of them have the fire (hi/low) sounds. I hope to be able to post some of them here real soon with other near by city/township's sirens (mostly model 2t, thunderbeam) and the other newer models (2001, etc..)

Castlevania2006

Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:03 pm

I have a friend who for some reason cant say "that" no matter what he does it come out sounding "dat"....hey wait now he's got me doing it... but still it was a great vid.

Elliott

Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:15 pm

Scooterbugs/bwf76:

I know there is a Thunderbeam at West Carrollton High School; I posted a video on the old board via "wisconsin sirens". If I find it, I'll repost on Youtube.

I know of a T-Bolt east of the "Centerville" Airport south of Austin on Yankee...it's been a while, but that T-bolt actually had a sign on the blower stating the test time. I assume it may still work. There is a pole mounted T-Bolt on 73 west of 75 in Franklin as well.

I've seen a T-Bolt, non-functional, on top of the school on 5th street(?) east of Keowee (Dayton).

Thanks for the compliments! Will try for more good vids in the future!
Elliott, A.K.A. KD8FOV, and Sirenzrok on Youtube

bwf76

Fellow Ohioian!

Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:39 pm

[quote="Elliott"]Scooterbugs/bwf76:

I know there is a Thunderbeam at West Carrollton High School; I posted a video on the old board via "wisconsin sirens". If I find it, I'll repost on Youtube.

I know of a T-Bolt east of the "Centerville" Airport south of Austin on Yankee...it's been a while, but that T-bolt actually had a sign on the blower stating the test time. I assume it may still work. There is a pole mounted T-Bolt on 73 west of 75 in Franklin as well.

I've seen a T-Bolt, non-functional, on top of the school on 5th street(?) east of Keowee (Dayton).

Thanks for the compliments! Will try for more good vids in the future![/quote]

Im suprised to find someone aware of the tornado sirens in my area! Yes, there are Thunderbolts all over Wash Twp/Centerville. With ash. Twp's $$, I am suprised they have not upgraded their system with a battery back-up. But if they do upgrade, that will mean all the T-bolts will be long gone (thats a bad thing). I hate to see it happen but I bet you here in the near future with the surrounding cities/agenices (Warren Co.) getting tornado sirens (2001 models) and federal grants, Wash. Twp. will be entering the next generation new sirens.

West Carrollton on the other hand has three thunder beams (1 at the high school, 1 at the fire house on Alex Road and 1 at the fire house on Central Ave.) The other areas of the city have the model 2t units located up near the Heinicke, Lake Forest, Grantwood and Blanche roads). Are you from this area?

Mister_Penetrator

Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:59 pm

I love the way you filmed this siren. To me, the synchronization of the blaring and the horn rotation makes me think that the siren is dozing on and off. :lol:

Justin

Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:00 pm

Mister_Penetrator wrote:I love the way you filmed this siren. To me, the synchronization of the blaring and the horn rotation makes me think that the siren is dozing on and off. :lol:
Heh heh, Then you see on some current affairs show 'Tonight: Sirens sleeping on the job!'.
I really need to get out more. :roll:

Yep, 5:4 port ratio; and I quite like it that way too; more spookier.

Nice recording.

Conky 2000

Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:32 pm

Yes, I remember we had some discussion a while back about Model 2 5/4 port rotors being slipped into Thunderbolts. Archon was right, it IS very easy to do, but some may have been installed at the FS plant like that, by mistake or for a number of reasons. If you look at Adam's 1000 (or was it 1000T?) restoration on ARS, he said that when he took it apart for restoration, he found a Model 2's 5/4 rotor in there. So why would a city switch rotors on purpose? That would be a waste of time and money. So it must have been a factory job.
If your siren is a-failin'
Chances are that it's a Whelen
And if it's just about to die
Then it must be an ATI

SirenMadness

Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:19 pm

Whatever the ratio between the rows, it would not matter much, as the Thunderbolts only have one port for the stator. I really like the tone of this version of the 1000T, though.
~ Peter Radanovic

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”