silverdelorean53

Thunderbolt sirens close to Rochester Minnesota

Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:43 am

So I am new to the board and happy I found it. I remember while driving up to the twin cities I saw my first thunderbolt. I was probably around 5 when I noticed it. I would love one day to see one in person so I was wondering if anyone here knew the closest thunderbolt to Rochester.

anepstad
YouTube Username: Aaron Nepstad

Re: Thunderbolt sirens close to Rochester Minnesota

Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:48 am

silverdelorean53 wrote:So I am new to the board and happy I found it. I remember while driving up to the twin cities I saw my first thunderbolt. I was probably around 5 when I noticed it. I would love one day to see one in person so I was wondering if anyone here knew the closest thunderbolt to Rochester.
Welcome to the board I'm from the Rochester area

The closets thunderbolt are in Hayfield, Wanamingo and Waltham.

BadgerSiren

Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:25 am

silverdelorean53 wrote:So I am new to the board and happy I found it. I remember while driving up to the twin cities I saw my first thunderbolt. I was probably around 5 when I noticed it. I would love one day to see one in person so I was wondering if anyone here knew the closest thunderbolt to Rochester.
There's at least one in Rosemount. As you're driving westward from Highway 52, towards Burnsville, Eagan and such. Sorry I don't know the specifics but it's really visible from the road. It's been years, I was only going by there because I dated a girl whose family lived around those parts.
A resident of arguably the most siren-diverse county in history.

silverdelorean53

Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:58 am

I also heard that there are 2 eow sirens in rochester. I know one is at chester woods but where is the other?

tboltkid520

Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:13 am

BadgerSiren wrote:
There's at least one in Rosemount. As you're driving westward from Highway 52, towards Burnsville, Eagan and such. Sorry I don't know the specifics but it's really visible from the road. It's been years, I was only going by there because I dated a girl whose family lived around those parts.
That Thunderbolt was replaced a year or two ago with an ASC, either a T-128 or 135DC, not really sure which one. As anepstad stated, the closest one to Rochester is the 1003 in Hayfield.

The EOWS sirens are also long gone, they were both replaced by 6024 Modulators, one is at Chester Woods and the other is at Oxbow Park. Hope this helps, it's nice to see another enthusiast in Rochester!

Rick K

Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:27 pm

Welcome to the board! Glad to see another MN siren enthusiast! If you ever want to see one up close and personal, and are going to be in Minneapolis, PM me and let me know. I have three Thunderbolts, and you could certainly come see my two 1003s, along with a few other siren models I have listed in my sig (my 3T22 and Thunderbolt 1000 are both up north right now, but everything else is at my house). I live in Southwest Minneapolis, pretty much right off of 35w and "crosstown" 62.

-Rick

edit: Post number 400! Woohoo! 8)

silverdelorean53

Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:32 pm

Sorry it took me a while to reply. Thank you Rick! I'll definitely keep that in mind.

AKSoapy29

Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:44 am

silverdelorean53 wrote:I also heard that there are 2 eow sirens in rochester. I know one is at chester woods but where is the other?
Where? I only saw 2001 sirens everywhere. Literally. Turn your head and there's another one! I would have to say, Rochester is a very well covered city.
Colors.

anepstad
YouTube Username: Aaron Nepstad

Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:38 am

AKSoapy29 wrote:
silverdelorean53 wrote:I also heard that there are 2 eow sirens in rochester. I know one is at chester woods but where is the other?
Where? I only saw 2001 sirens everywhere. Literally. Turn your head and there's another one! I would have to say, Rochester is a very well covered city.

As tboltkid520 said the eows 612 have been replaced by modulators
These sirens are located at two county parks. Chester Woods which is east of Rochester and oxbow park west of Rochester

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”