Columbus

Demorest/Briggs T-Bolt, Columbus OH west side

Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:42 pm

I have heard that this T-bolt is on its deathbed, that it has not been working regularly. Anyone know if it will be replaced soon?

Looking at the map of Columbus' sirens, the west side needs at least one more. If this is the only T-bolt left on the west side, and everything else is Whelen, I think they will need more for all people outdoors to be able to hear the voice overs.

My suggestion would be to move any new siren south from the present Demorest/Briggs location to Demorest about a half mile below Clime Rd and to put in a new siren at either Bishop Ready High School or Westgate Park. This would probably cover up most of the holes in coverage.

Looking at the map, I would also recommend a siren in the village of Amlin, in the far northwest of Franklin County, which seems out of range for Dublin or for Columbus or Hilliard. There are a lot of storms in that area.

Any news going on in Columbus about the system?

AllAmericanFE
YouTube Username: AllAmericanFE

Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:10 am

I am working with the EMA to fix some of the kinks in the system (like the 3016's not being about to compass in all 4 directions). The newest siren is going in Grove City off of Buckeye Parkway. Here is a coverage map I made of the Franklin County System. This includes Dublins system which is seperate from Franklin County's system. I dont have any information on the Briggs & Demorest Thunderbolt at this time. I will ask around though.
Image[/u][/i]

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”