dilloncarpenter

Siren Meetup - June 1-3, 2013 (Updated: 3-29-2013)

Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:40 am

Hey all, I haven't been on here much lately. I have been so busy with marching band and stuff. It takes a lot out of you. Not the point though. Me and a group of people on Facebook have been talking about the next Oklahoma Siren Meetup at the farm. Many of you may remember the last one was a great success and everyone had a great time. This time, we are scheduling it earlier in the summer so it won't be as blistering outside. This was one of the main concerns with last year's meetup. Anyway, here are some details you need to know if you would like to attend.

Starting date: June 1st

Ending date: TBA

Location: Fay, Oklahoma (will give exact location a couple weeks ahead if you are going)

What to bring:
-Plenty of hydration
-As many sirens and controls you want/can bring
-Extension cords, extra tools, etc
And if you plan on staying overnight:
-Camping supplies (tents, sleeping bags, air mattress)
-A couple day's worth of clothes

-Some, if not all of us will need to chip in for the generator to run the sirens. Some sirens do not require the generator. But for the larger ones, I would rather have it so I don't end up doing something to the circuit at the house. The generator (last I heard) is $80 a day. If you have your own generator, feel free to bring it and we will see if we can make use of it.

-Everyone will have to chip in for food. I figure we could kick it off again by going to Eischen's if everyone is alright with that and enjoyed it last time. For those of you who don't know, Eischen's is a really good fried chicken, beer, and okra place in Okarche. We could also film sirens in Okarche since they test on Saturday. I figured after that, we could all pool in for food. Someone could buy/bring a little cheapo charcoal grill, someone else buys buns of all sorts, someone else buys breakfast stuff, condiments, patties/hot dogs, charcoal, etc.

-Also consider bringing a musical instrument that has strings. We will most likely have lots of time to goof around and build a campfire and just hang out, unlike last time where we only had a couple hours.

So far, I know my grandpa, Logan, Darian, most/all who went last year, and possibly Rhett will be there. Feel free to post in this topic any questions you have, and you can tell me if you are going or not through here or on facebook. If you have a facebook, see if this link works to the event group. http://www.facebook.com/events/269086599862221/ If not, me, or someone who is going, will gladly send you an invite to the group.
Last edited by dilloncarpenter on Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
Kicking it in the siren party since '08

carexpertandy
YouTube Username: carexpertandy

Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:53 am

Sounds like fun, but I don't think I would travel all the way out to Oklahoma for this, especially since I'm only 17 and currently a junior in high school, plus my parents wouldn't wanna take me all the way out there for that or even let me drive that far.

I've never even ever showed up to any of my local gatherings at Werden Electric. This is mainly for privacy reasons though.
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

holler
High Leg
High Leg
YouTube Username: Blue10AEmia

Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:18 am

I'm going, and so is Ian.

We're both electricians, so we can fix any electrical issues that show up.

And we are bringing SIRENZ!

Might be able to talk Charlie and Matt into going too.

Crazywarriorman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: crazywarriorman

Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:33 am

I'm going to try like hell to get down there. I'll bring some stuff :wink:
Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.

Trevor
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:59 am

I'll try as well, but I don't have any sirens to bring haha
Trevor
AirRaidSirens.com Moderator
[email protected]

sirendude2012
YouTube Username: legomn54321

Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:01 am

I would wish to go, but neither of my parents would drive me halfway across the country. I do, however, have 2 sirens (Built and tested by me) that I would bring if I could.
THUNDERBOLT HAS BEEN SOLD

Batman
YouTube Username: BatmansSirenChannel

Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:50 pm

I would go if it wasn't so dang far. My friend and I might be going on a road trip to California next summer, but I don't know when, and even if we did plan it so we could stop by on the way or way back, I doubt my friend would be interested. But that would be the only way I could make it since OK is multiple days away from here.

Either way, if ya'll keep having these every year, I'll try to get there eventually.
Proud owner of a spontaneously-purchased 1940 Federal Electric Type A
Ulster County NY Map | Broome County NY Map | Union County NC Map

estokke09
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: estokke09

Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:01 am

As of right now I can go. My plan is to bring @ least my P-15, Model A and Screamer, and possibly the Whelen WPS-4004. The Model 5 stays @ home in my man cave lol. My plan is to have a camper in the back of my Silverado, and a trailer with the sirens on it. I also have a 6500watt liquid-cooled Honda generator I could bring if needed.
Proud owner of a 3, CS3, Erick

MattDean1003

Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:32 am

I'll see about it and maybe bringing the P5 with me, but funds have been super tight here lately and my Blazer is acting up. Could all be better by next year, will just have to play it by ear.
James M. Dean

dilloncarpenter

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:41 pm

Sweet guys! I can already tell this one will be much better than this years. 8)

Eric, that would be awesome! If your generator puts out three phase, dear god bring it lol.

Matt, hopefully you can make it! Funds are tight for us too but we managed last year with tight funds. I'm getting a job in a couple weeks maximum, so this year it will probably be a little more relaxed.

Just had an idea. We should get an inventory list of who is bringing what type of siren so we don't get doubles. I know we might have the same sirens as we did last time, and here is what they are:

Tyler (antiwhoknows):
-Model A
-Model 2-240

Ben and Kyle (KDK):
-Thunderbolt 1003A head

Bryan (mixerbd699):
-T-128
-Model 2T-120

And here is what I think will be coming to the next one.
*=Not for sure.

Ian M.
-Model 5B*

Jeb (mix and match, not for sure what he will be bringing):
-Mobil Directo*
-STL-10A*
-SD-10A*
-Allertor*
-Screamer*

Eric:
-P-15
-Model A
-Screamer

Rick, if he decides to come:
-2/3T22A*
-Allertor*
-P-15*
-STH-10A*

Matt:
-P5

Charlie:
-Whatever he wants hahaha

Luke:
-Apparently it's a surprise. :wink:

I haven't heard from him on this yet, but I'm assuming Aaron would also like to be there. He has an STH-10B and a 4004.

Help me keep this list accurate!
Kicking it in the siren party since '08

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”