holler
High Leg
High Leg
YouTube Username: Blue10AEmia

Is the guy from Sirens for Cities on here?

Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:50 am

I need to get in touch with the guy who owns sirens for cities, a town north of me (Warner Robins) has three Thunderbeams that quit working a few years ago. They claim the company they have hired to fix them says that "they cost too much to fix and they should install new sirens". I think the city is getting screwed BIG TIME by this company. I mean come on, they are Thunderbeams, a whole lot can't go wrong with them, they are not Thunderbolts where everything can go wrong. I think that sirens for cities might be able to help them, they have the know-how to get them going again. I think all three of the Thunderbeams suffered motor failure, which shouldn't cost the $1.3 Million they have been quoted for a new system of ATI's. :roll:

Here is the link to the full story by a local news agency.
http://www.13wmaz.com/news/top_story.aspx?storyid=35684

Whelen Rules

Re: Is the guy from Sirens for Cities on here?

Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:25 am

holler wrote:I need to get in touch with the guy who owns sirens for cities, a town north of me (Warner Robins) has three Thunderbeams that quit working a few years ago. They claim the company they have hired to fix them says that "they cost too much to fix and they should install new sirens". I think the city is getting screwed BIG TIME by this company. I mean come on, they are Thunderbeams, a whole lot can't go wrong with them, they are not Thunderbolts where everything can go wrong. I think that sirens for cities might be able to help them, they have the know-how to get them going again. I think all three of the Thunderbeams suffered motor failure, which shouldn't cost the $1.3 Million they have been quoted for a new system of ATI's. :roll:

Hello, I know Warner Robins is way to big a city to have just 3 sirens!! It would probably be more cost effective to put in a whole new system. Now I do believe Ed Wise is on this board, I deffinately know he was on the old board. I do have a question for you though, any news on the Macon siren system I used to have a cousin who lived in Valdosta and traveled through Macon several times and noticed they have 2001SRNBs as well as a few Thunderbolts, I was just wondering if you knew of this system, and according to the city of Macon they are used for tornado warnings. Also Valdosta has Model 5's and Model 2's at all fire stations through the city, now I don't understand this because it is a city full time Fire Department, however they are only at fire stations and no where else. As far as Warner Robins goes they deffinately don't need a system of ATI's. They would be better off with a system of ASC T-128's or Whelen Vortex's and WPS 2910's in the downtown area and major parks where voice is needed. If they really want a new siren system, the cities of Warner Robins and Centerville will more then likely have to take out a bond note, or both cities work together to fund it. Unfortunately it would be more cost effective to replace the 3 sirens with a system that covers the whole city rather than fixing 3 25 year+ sirens that only cover very small area.
Last edited by Whelen Rules on Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tyler Lund

Ed Wise

Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:42 am

I?ll give these guys a call. They are only an hour south of me. Perhaps we can set them up with a new Sentry System. They may be surprised that it won?t cost as much as they think.

Ed~

holler
High Leg
High Leg
YouTube Username: Blue10AEmia

Re: Is the guy from Sirens for Cities on here?

Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:15 am

Whelen Rules wrote:
holler wrote:I need to get in touch with the guy who owns sirens for cities, a town north of me (Warner Robins) has three Thunderbeams that quit working a few years ago. They claim the company they have hired to fix them says that "they cost too much to fix and they should install new sirens". I think the city is getting screwed BIG TIME by this company. I mean come on, they are Thunderbeams, a whole lot can't go wrong with them, they are not Thunderbolts where everything can go wrong. I think that sirens for cities might be able to help them, they have the know-how to get them going again. I think all three of the Thunderbeams suffered motor failure, which shouldn't cost the $1.3 Million they have been quoted for a new system of ATI's. :roll:

Hello, I know Warner Robins is way to big a city to have just 3 sirens!! It would probably be more cost effective to put in a whole new system. Now I do believe Ed Wise is on this board, I deffinately know he was on the old board. I do have a question for you though, any news on the Macon siren system I used to have a cousin who lived in Valdosta and traveled through Macon several times and noticed they have 2001SRNBs as well as a few Thunderbolts, I was just wondering if you knew of this system, and according to the city of Macon they are used for tornado warnings. Also Valdosta has Model 5's amd Model 2's at all fire stations through the city, now I don't understand this because it is a city full time Fire Department, however they are only at fire stations and no where else. As far as Warner Robins goes they deffinately don't need a system of ATI's. They would be better off with a system of ASC T-128's or Whelen Vortex's and WPS 2910's in the downtown area and major parks where voice is needed. If they really want a new siren system, the cities of Warner Robins and Centerville will more then likely have to take out a bond note, or both cities work together to fund it. Unfortunately it would be more cost effective to replace the 3 sirens with a system that covers the whole city rather than fixing 3 25 year+ sirens that only cover very small area.
Well my dad used to service the Thunderbolts on the AFB at Warner Robins. He did that for 10 years and let me tell you, he does not like T-bolts. They have over 30 1000T's (horribly unreliable) but they where disconnected last year. They have been replaced with Modulators and DSAs. I think Macon removed all of its Thunderbolts, they where a pain to keep going and required constant maintanence. Macon does have three Thunderbeams, quite a few 2001's, and I am not sure what else. All that Warner Robins has is three nonfunctioning Thunderbeams, but pretty much one whole side of the town is covered by the sirens on the base. Perry has lots of Thunderbeams, and all of them work and have been taken care of.

We are having a statewide tornado drill Friday at 9:10 AM, with the all clear sounding at 9:30. I work in Warner Robins so I will probably hear the sirens at the base go off.

Oh, thanks Ed, I hope that you can persuade them to go with Sentries, they are my favorite siren of all time, they sound so musical. If you get the contract please let me know, I want to hear these babies do the attack wail. I've got a 40v2t in my avatar.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”