Columbus

Denver CO siren locations?

Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:38 am

If anyone on this board lives in the Denver area, I was wondering if there is a siren anywhere in the vicinity of W. Evans/W. Jewell/Federal Blvd? I saw on the J Munoz site there were two Allertors in nearby Englewood, but not their locations. Some Thunderbolts are seen atop fire stations, but I don't think they are in the neighborhood I am thinking about. Is anyone familiar with this part of Denver? Thanks.

kx250rider
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: kx250racer

Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:56 am

I'm here in that area right now! I'll drive around in the morning before I leave town, and will post if I can find any. I'm going to visit somebody at Jewell and Kipling in the Lakewood area.

Charles
Yes, that's a real 500-lb Federal SD-10 I'm holding (braggart!)

Robert Gift

Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:35 pm

Hi, KX.
Glad you have nice weather right now.

Columbus, I'll look when I can.
Am very sick with a bad cold.

I saw Englewood's Allertor northeast of their Fire/Police /Dispatch Center, 3600 So. Elati St.
My first ever.
At 11 a.m., I stood outside in the cold with camcorder recording to photograph the digital electric meter inrush and operation current and capture siren start-up and run.
Recorded 20 minutes and nothing.
Called Englewood dispatch and they had forgotten it was 2nd Wednesday test day - same as Denver.
"OK, we'll do the test."

Rewound and started recording.
Nothing.
Finally called back.
"We are too busy but should get to it within 10 minutes."
Again, started camcorder.
After 15 called again. "We pushed the button."

Also looked for their 2nd Allertor when driving through south end of Englewood but never found it.

Or are you more interested in the Evans @ Jewell area?

In the 1970s I recall Sheridan F.D. had a Model 2(?) near Federal and US 285 (Hampden Ave.) and one at their station. (Not far south of Evans.)
Update: A firefighter reports both have been taken down years ago and replaced with electronic EAS units.

Travis
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: DL1011

Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:08 am

Here are the 2001's at Denver Int'l that I posted last July.
-The Princess

kx250rider
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: kx250racer

Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:24 pm

Sorry for the delay... I'm still on the road. I went around that area on Thursday, and the only siren I could find was on Federal Bl about a mile up from Jewell. It's on a firehouse roof, and it looks like a Federal 5 or 7.... A Federal siren on Federal Blvd :D

Charles

Yes, that's a real 500-lb Federal SD-10 I'm holding (braggart!)

Columbus

Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:32 pm

I found a large Allertor at the northeast corner of Pennsylvania and Cornell, and a yellow T-bolt atop Kunsmiller Middle School at Iliff and Quitman near Harvey Park. Both are quite loud, I discovered, as I was in Denver for the testing. Another siren (2001 I think) is located at Franklin and Louisiana Avenues.
Last edited by Columbus on Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thunderbeam63

Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:41 pm

kx250rider wrote:Sorry for the delay... I'm still on the road. I went around that area on Thursday, and the only siren I could find was on Federal Bl about a mile up from Jewell. It's on a firehouse roof, and it looks like a Federal 5 or 7.... A Federal siren on Federal Blvd :D

Charles

Loving the flamingo at the top. :lol:
PENIS!

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”