freebrickproductions
YouTube Username: freebrickproductions

Re: Sirens in Michigan

Tue May 13, 2014 12:36 am

Looking at the picture, one of the horns is right next to it.
Collector of railroad crossing equipment, traffic lights, and fans.
I'm 20 years old and a Huntsville, AL native.

Friends don't let friends post videos with tones.

rdfox

Tue May 13, 2014 3:34 am

Calhoun County still has at least one XT22 in downtown Marshall (right by the fountain), and Battle Creek still has at least one SD10, three 4/5-port 1000Ts, a Thunderbeam, two EOWS-612s, several Model 2s in the northwestern suburbs, a couple of Mods at the ANG base, and quite a few ATI HPSS16Rs.

Howell (Livingston County) has a Whelen 4004 at the fire station; there's at least two STH-10s in Livingston County, too, plus the ubiquitous 2001s.

Tyler
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: Thunderbolt10031

Tue May 13, 2014 7:21 pm

murrfarms wrote:Jeff does have a whole Chrysler Air Raid Siren (also painted yellow) from Detroit's original system sitting in one of the trailers. The blower/chopper unit that's sitting on that pallet in the picture was from another one, don't know what happened to the rest of it though except its horns are laying somewhere nearby.
I freakin' fraken' knew it. :twisted: :lol:
My knowledge excels on the Federal Thunderbolt siren and SiraTone EOWS sirens. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Proud owner of
2014 Federal UltraVoice UVICU
1981 SiraTone C/B prototype
1984 SiraTone C/B

coastalsyrolover

Tue May 13, 2014 7:36 pm

holler wrote:No Mobil destructos that I'm aware of, just allertors.
Oh okay that must have been an allertor with really shiny fiberglass. I couldn't really see that much of the back but there was something laying there and I thought it was a mobil fin but no I bet that was actually an allertor with a control box behind it.
Own and love a Thunderbolt 1000 and a Model 5.

I have many hobbies and interests. And I love them all.

Christian, Lima, Oscah, November, Golf.

Rheems1

Tue May 13, 2014 11:14 pm

Sirenguy02 wrote:^Was that REALLY necessary?

Nathan, you can check the "Siren Maps" sections of the forum, there should be one of Michigan.

For reference, I am going on the record as advising it was, in fact, really necessary... I understand general questions and that this tyke was a new user to our board. His question though, in an area such as Michigan with it's high proclivity for severe weather, is the equivilant to asking what denominations of bills do they have in a bank. He must learn the lay of the land, and the only way for him to do so is to see hilarious memes at his expense and to learn. I laughed EOWS1212man....

Urbanexplorer
YouTube Username: 500 Internal Server Error

Wed May 14, 2014 1:00 am

Rheems1 wrote:He must learn the lay of the land, and the only way for him to do so is to see hilarious memes at his expense
Will this be your preferred style of moderating? :wink:
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Formerly known as "Conky 2000".

Rheems1

Wed May 14, 2014 1:29 am

Urbanexplorer wrote:
Rheems1 wrote:He must learn the lay of the land, and the only way for him to do so is to see hilarious memes at his expense
Will this be your preferred style of moderating? :wink:

I might incorperate some memes in, but for the most part I would be the quiet behind the scenes kind of guy.. keeping the riff-raff down, keeping order... I would love to be able to edit posts for grammar/spelling even but I think that exceeds the acceptable actions for a moderator.... I would be an awesome moderator though.. I used the word proclivity correctly in my post even.. that HAS to count for something!!

goldfinch

Wed May 14, 2014 5:00 am

Ottawa county has a siren map on their website. Mostly 2001's. There is still a Thunderbolt in Grand Haven and two XT22's. Coopersville has two Thunderbeams and Jenison (Georgetown Township) has two Allertors. Zeeland has an older siren, but I don't know what kind. Google maps is no help because the siren is away from the roadway along some kind of bicycle path or back road. Could be another XT22. In Newaygo county, the fire station in Grant, MI has an XT22.

As you can see by my few posts that I am new here....hello everyone :wave:

coastalsyrolover

Wed May 14, 2014 7:11 am

goldfinch wrote:Ottawa county has a siren map on their website. Mostly 2001's. There is still a Thunderbolt in Grand Haven and two XT22's. Coopersville has two Thunderbeams and Jenison (Georgetown Township) has two Allertors. Zeeland has an older siren, but I don't know what kind. Google maps is no help because the siren is away from the roadway along some kind of bicycle path or back road. Could be another XT22. In Newaygo county, the fire station in Grant, MI has an XT22.

As you can see by my few posts that I am new here....hello everyone :wave:
I almost wonder if someone didn't get a video of that one. Seems to me I saw a video of a siren there near a bike path or something. Welcome aboard!!!!!
Own and love a Thunderbolt 1000 and a Model 5.

I have many hobbies and interests. And I love them all.

Christian, Lima, Oscah, November, Golf.

LukeH

Tue May 20, 2014 1:53 am

You name it, Michigan's got it. Supposedly there was a square horned hurricane (since removed) in the Cheboygan? area, more likely just a thunderbolt. there are several mystery sirens that have yet to be identified as well.
Resident Historian
Denver Siren Expert
Michigan

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”