lkreykes

Re: Sirens in Michigan

Wed May 18, 2016 1:34 pm

*accidental reply edited*
im scared

vacuumcleaner

Wed May 18, 2016 3:45 pm

Remingtoncountry wrote:You name it, Michigan's got it. Supposedly there was a square horned hurricane (since removed) in the Cheboygan? area, more likely just a thunderbolt. there are several mystery sirens that have yet to be identified as well.
Does Cheboygan still have a siren? I am up there often, and I have never seen a siren.
My other ride is a 1950 Chrysler-Bell Victory siren.

vacuumcleaner

Wed May 18, 2016 4:50 pm

https://www.airraidsirens.com/forums/do ... 500289.jpg

Bad cell phone pic of Thunderbolt in Marshall.
Attachments
153387.jpg
153387.jpg (3.27 KiB) Viewed 2772 times
153387.jpg
153387.jpg (3.27 KiB) Viewed 2772 times
My other ride is a 1950 Chrysler-Bell Victory siren.

AST128_RyanK

Wed May 18, 2016 11:55 pm

lkreykes wrote:
AST128_RyanK wrote: I remember that there use to be a Nuclear Plant near TC so I'm guessing they are a remnant of the old system.
There was never a NPP here, nor could there ever be unfortunately. The people around here have shut down every single power producing plant in town. We used to have a coal plant and 3 hydroelectric dams; all of which have been decommissioned. The nearest nuclear site would've been in Petoskey I believe. TC's last 1212 is used for flood warnings in the Boardman River Valley, and the three inactive 1212s were used for the same thing until they decommissioned the three hydroelectric dams which are also currently in the process of being removed, so you'd think they'd leave them active in case of a mishap.
Interesting, I knew there once was a NPP somewhere up there. Hard to determine the status of many sirens up there. Sirens can be installed and easily forgotten in time, it's sad although true.

lkreykes

Mon May 23, 2016 6:17 pm

AST128_RyanK wrote:Interesting, I knew there once was a NPP somewhere up there. Hard to determine the status of many sirens up there. Sirens can be installed and easily forgotten in time, it's sad although true.
Very true and indeed sad. Good thing there are people like on this site that take them and restore them to their former beauty though!
im scared

nvanw27
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: 301.3 Productions
Discord: nottimwakefield

Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:15 pm

Remingtoncountry wrote:
Tue May 20, 2014 1:53 am
You name it, Michigan's got it. Supposedly there was a square horned hurricane (since removed) in the Cheboygan? area, more likely just a thunderbolt. there are several mystery sirens that have yet to be identified as well.
Huh?????????
-Nik VW
3.6 roentgen - Not Great, not terrible.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”