coastalsyrolover

Re: New Acquisition: B-series Thunderbolt

Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:51 am

Okay... Not even going to continue with the fiasco there. Turbo: Yes I know. I was just giving it a 2 cents on this one. I used the 5M thing as an example. It wasn't meant to be obsessive. Yes I do mention it quite a bit and I will cut back on that. Also I called WSS with the idea of getting something. I wasn't expecting them to be cheap but to me the were more expensive then other options I explored. End of story. But you are right. I do apologize as I did have a bit of a streak there. This is an extremely hard time and I might just stop getting online for a while period. (Facebook is getting a lot of me too.) As for the topic being derailed I do apologize for that as well. Sirendude2012: I hope your siren is nice and healthy and sounds good. If you haven't already you should plug it in and get a video of it growling and or sounding.
Own and love a Thunderbolt 1000 and a Model 5.

I have many hobbies and interests. And I love them all.

Christian, Lima, Oscah, November, Golf.

sirendude2012
YouTube Username: legomn54321

Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:18 am

I'm not allowed to blast it, but I am allowed to growl it. I'll get some kind of working video soon.
THUNDERBOLT HAS BEEN SOLD

TboltBeardie
New User

Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:24 pm

Sorry to bring up an old discussion, but I noticed that the chopper motor is a model 2 one, and if I'm not mistaken, the British series thunderbolt had an enclosed c-face motor.

CDV777-1
YouTube Username: vanamonde2

Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:38 pm

Sorry to bring up an old discussion, but I noticed that the chopper motor is a model 2 one, and if I'm not mistaken, the British series thunderbolt had an enclosed c-face motor.
If you are referring to the A/C series chopper motor pics at the end of his photobucket photos I don't believe he stated anywhere that that chopper came out of his B series siren. In his pics you can plainly see the B series has a B series stator and not a A/C series stator.
Proud owner of a garage full of junk.

sirendude2012
YouTube Username: legomn54321

Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:19 pm

The Model 2 motor is a different chopper assembly, it did not come out of the B-series. I no longer own that motor.

Also, B-series doesn't mean British series. It's a letter symbolizing which iteration of the Thunderbolt it is.
THUNDERBOLT HAS BEEN SOLD

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”