CycloneFan125
YouTube Username: Sirens & Elevators

Original P-50's in Kenosha County

Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:52 pm

I'm just wondering since the 20 P-50's in Kenosha County were refurbished but I know a lot came from the Zion Power Plant but were there any P-50's that were original installations in Kenosha County meaning that they never came from Zion? The ones that I know that probably came from Zion were the P-50's in Bristol, Trevor, Silver Lake, Twin Lakes, Brighton, and Wilmot.

Gil
YouTube Username: gilramirez12

Re: Original P-50's in Kenosha County

Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:58 pm

I'm curious to know when the Zion P-50s would have been installed. The plant was permanently closed in 1998.

Brendan Ahern

Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:52 am

The one along the highway near the Illinois border is original. I remember seeing it in the mid 90's, before Zion closed. There was also one behind the outlet malls on the west side of the highway near carmax, but that one isn't there anymore. There is/was one near the WEPCO coal power plant in Kenosha as well, it was there when Zion was still active. Wasn't a good portion of Kenosha's sirens part of the Zion system at one point?

CycloneFan125
YouTube Username: Sirens & Elevators

Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:26 pm

Brendan Ahern wrote:The one along the highway near the Illinois border is original. I remember seeing it in the mid 90's, before Zion closed. There was also one behind the outlet malls on the west side of the highway near carmax, but that one isn't there anymore. There is/was one near the WEPCO coal power plant in Kenosha as well, it was there when Zion was still active. Wasn't a good portion of Kenosha's sirens part of the Zion system at one point?
Both are still there. Unless the P-50 you mentioned by Carmax was moved or replaced with another P-50 that is currently behind Ashley Furniture and in the old Outlet Mall parking lot. And to my knowledge the P-50 by the WEPCO plant in Pleasant Prairie is currently the only one on a wooden pole. All the others are on steel poles.

WolfSoul
Suspended/Banned
Suspended/Banned

Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:54 pm

If your looking to find out about original installations you should look for records and/or talk to someone who started planning the system.
If a wolf is at a siren test, chances are its me :eclipse: :hurricane: :mod: :vortex: :banshee: :3t22: :TBolt: :P50: :2001:
Try saying Anthropomorphic 10 Times fast
I am a furry

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”