red04stanggt

2 Siren videos from KC..not by choice LOL

Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:32 pm

Either a 3T or 2T also a tbolt. Just from about 30 mins ago. Little story on why I recorded these or were NEAR one when they went off. I was helping a buddy finish up his camaro and I had my video camera we recorded the 1st start of his car since the motor tear down. Well little did I know today was the 1st wedensday and he lives about 2 houses from that 1st siren. I about shat my pants when it went off. So i was like ok ill run across the street and record it and while i was at it I ran down the road about 1/4 a mile to record the tbolt. Well as i was sitting at the stoplight in the video that tbolt went off RIGHT ABOVE ME with my windows open!!!! I forgot how loud those things are close up as I have never stood next to one when it went off. Enjoy

http://media.putfile.com/Shawneesirens

Nelso90

Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:20 pm

WOW! That T-1000 has a nice raspy sound to it! Sounds evil, I like!

kswx29

Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:56 pm

Awesome videos! How long did they test in the attack cycle? Johnson County has a great mix of models, I can't wait til next summer because i am going to try and get De Soto's Thunderbeam in Attack. Also, i do know there is a STH-10 somewhere in Overland Park. Will have to ask the County EM about it, he seems to be a real nice guy.
-Once known as 2t22boy (Dylan)
Youtube | Flickr

red04stanggt

Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:31 pm

2t22boy wrote:Awesome videos! How long did they test in the attack cycle? Johnson County has a great mix of models, I can't wait til next summer because i am going to try and get De Soto's Thunderbeam in Attack. Also, i do know there is a STH-10 somewhere in Overland Park. Will have to ask the County EM about it, he seems to be a real nice guy.
They both went off for about 5 minutes. I didnt get it all just enough to post on here. Also how does the county/city set off so many sirens in a short amount of time. We have TONS of them in shawnee,overland park, lenexa. I can think of about 6 sirens in a 2 mile area of my house.

loudmouth

Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:05 pm

wow sweet videos. that tbolt sounds like how one should sound nice deep raspy sound.

kswx29

Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:32 pm

red04stanggt wrote:
2t22boy wrote:Awesome videos! How long did they test in the attack cycle? Johnson County has a great mix of models, I can't wait til next summer because i am going to try and get De Soto's Thunderbeam in Attack. Also, i do know there is a STH-10 somewhere in Overland Park. Will have to ask the County EM about it, he seems to be a real nice guy.
They both went off for about 5 minutes. I didnt get it all just enough to post on here. Also how does the county/city set off so many sirens in a short amount of time. We have TONS of them in shawnee,overland park, lenexa. I can think of about 6 sirens in a 2 mile area of my house.
Not sure about Johnson County but i believe they have activation points. Shawnee and Douglas County both have 2 or 3 activation points of which they activate the sirens from. I do know some cities in JOCO can activate the sirens them self which may be the case. Here is a map of the sirens in the Shawnee Mission area. (Ignore the red circles as they are sirens in KCMO.)
EDIT: Gardner, Lenexa, Olathe and OP are the cities that can activate their own sirens. You can find a lot more information including a map of the sirens at their website:
http://www.jocoem.org/outdoor_warning.htm
Youtube | Flickr

kswx29

Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:44 pm

Sorry to drag the topic up but where are those two sirens located? I have a Complete list of siren locations in JOCO but not the models. Thanks!
Youtube | Flickr

red04stanggt

Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:41 pm

The 3T would be at 74th st and Nieman and the Tbolt would be at 67th St and Nieman rd at Nieman School

Return to “Videos and Media”