Shinkansen

Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:07 am

Robert Gift wrote:
Shinkansen wrote:... I'm using a multi-voltage adapter that puts out 1.5v, 3.0v, 6.5v, 7.5v, 9.0v, and 12.0v DC.
Oh, you need much more power (amperage) than that electronic power supply can put out.
Best and easiest is to connect to a car battery right in the vehicle.
When testing, I run the B+ from the red post on the battery through a headlight or brake light bulb filament.
That way, if you short anything, it is not a true short circuit and there will be no damage.
Or a car battery charger on 6-volt setting.
12-Volt setting is actually 14.something volts - better to undervoltage than over voltage.
Good luck.
Now to get a car battery...I took a couple vids of ANOTHER adapter with a higher amp rating and it spun faster but still no light. Though when hooked directly to the lights, they're BRIGHT. Just gotta get the stupid computer to RECODNIZE the camera as a USB device... :roll:
Blades will bleed. Shields Will Shatter. But as the light fades, will the Hero rise again? Or will darkness rein?

Shinkansen

Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:14 am

Ok here's the video. Edited the vids together in Movie Maker. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgj0F7Cbzdw
Blades will bleed. Shields Will Shatter. But as the light fades, will the Hero rise again? Or will darkness rein?

Elliott

Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:59 pm

If the bulbs arent working, use a ohm meter and measure across each bulb (disconnected from the beacon) to verify filament continuity. Otherwise, the brush contact that transfers power to the lamps as it rotates may need adjustment or cleaning.

By the way, here's another pic of a actual MARS light.

The second light in your vid with the black base looks like a Tripp-Lite, now called Tri-Lite.
Elliott, A.K.A. KD8FOV, and Sirenzrok on Youtube

AllSafe

Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:11 pm

I wonder if a 60W switchmode supply would work for one of these.
Ich spreche nicht Deutsch...doh!

Shinkansen

Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:09 am

Unno, but I've ID'd the one light with the blackbase, it's a Tripplite(Says Tripplite on the motor) TB2....I can't find ANYTHIGN on the silver one, the weatherproofing tightening strap thingy says "NAPA 488" on it, yet on the bulb holder it says "GE 1700 Signal"...help..

Return to “Other Warning Systems - Indoor, Outdoor and Vehicular”