bwf76

Thunderbolt 1000t siren test video **Alert only **

Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:53 pm

Hello,
This is my first posting f a tornado siren. The siren is located in Washington Township, Montgomery County Ohio. Sorry the camera is shaking so much, it was cold and I do not own a tripod. The siren test behings around 1:27 and ends around 3:09. This is the alert test. The sirens years ago would be tested once or twice a year in the attack mode. I have talked to some of the fire fighters who work for this agency and they advised me that the attack function was either removed or is no longer used. I hope to have more test videos to come.

Here is the link to the video through Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_SaR-91P98

Bryant

EL1998P71

Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:35 pm

Nice, but a little shaky.
is that another one at the end turning off?
Proud Owner of too many sirens, lightbars, civil defense items, and diecast cars

kswx29

Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:29 am

Pretty cool! I do hear some other Thunderbolts at the end. Hope to see more.
-Once known as 2t22boy (Dylan)
Youtube | Flickr

jkvernon

Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:02 am

A few years ago, one of Dayton's city council members talked of having the sirens disconnected because of maintenence costs. Did they actually follow through with that idiotic idea?

bwf76

City of Dayton

Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:50 am

Yes, I think Dayton removed all of their tornado sirens. The area where I photographed this video contains all Thunderbolts 1000t sirens. Yes, that is other sirens (t-bolts) sounding in the back ground. As each month approaches, I hope to get a video of a different siren in this area (hopefuly with a tripod!)

md5
YouTube Username: bctrainers

Re: City of Dayton

Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:53 am

bwf76 wrote:Yes, I think Dayton removed all of their tornado sirens. The area where I photographed this video contains all Thunderbolts 1000t sirens. Yes, that is other sirens (t-bolts) sounding in the back ground. As each month approaches, I hope to get a video of a different siren in this area (hopefuly with a tripod!)
They are going to regret that someday when a tornado or some of the sort happens... :?

Can hear the blower activate also at the start, not that bad of a video. Keep up the good work. :wink:

bwf76

Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:26 pm

Yes they will regret that!! Thanks, hope to get a little better video each time I do a recording. Next recording will not be until January. They test the sirens around here at noon, on the first Monday of the month

Return to “Videos and Media”