JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:57 pm

It's probably due to the the siren being fed twice the 3-phase voltage that what it's supposed to be getting (a 240 volt Thunderbolt on a 480 volt feed). with he short run times, the motors are probably fine, though I am surprised that the blower assembly hasn't taken any damage....if it hasn't received some already.

mhmcdonal

Re: Hawaii Thunderbolt 1000T part two.

Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:17 am

ver tum wrote:Sounds like it's hopped up on cocaine! I've never heard a TBolt that high, and the blower sounds weird too. Are you sure this was the way it sounded live? I'm surprised the motors didn't burn out!
I've heard this siren since I was a kid, and it always had the high pitch.

I recorded the sound with an external device to get better sound quality than my camera would capture. It sounds like a C-series blower to me, and other thunderbolt blowers here sound almost like it.

kagome122885

Re: Hawaii Thunderbolt 1000T part two.

Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:52 am

mhmcdonal wrote:
ver tum wrote:Sounds like it's hopped up on cocaine! I've never heard a TBolt that high, and the blower sounds weird too. Are you sure this was the way it sounded live? I'm surprised the motors didn't burn out!
I've heard this siren since I was a kid, and it always had the high pitch.

I recorded the sound with an external device to get better sound quality than my camera would capture. It sounds like a C-series blower to me, and other thunderbolt blowers here sound almost like it.
This thunderbolt is really high pitched! Perhaps Tim the Toolman Taylor installed it and decided to give it "MORE POWER!"
Federal Signal Thunderbolt Series, still the King of Air Raid Sirens!

Archon

Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:36 am

They could have the wire's going backwards thru the transformer for the chopper making it a step up instead of step down

Return to “Videos and Media”