cosgravefan
Probation
Probation

Re: Hi, I'm the owner of the 2nd known Cosgrave/Codwell

Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:50 pm

I mean i have friends that love restoring old things and one of my friends nick has a warehouse full of tools and he had worked on a john dree air raid siren with a model 7 shroud. but i have never hear of that kind of siren but im sure he and my self and others would love to restore it but we dont know where the siren is located

Greenrid

Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:38 pm

cosgravefan wrote:
I mean i have friends that love restoring old things and one of my friends nick has a warehouse full of tools and he had worked on a john dree air raid siren with a model 7 shroud. but i have never hear of that kind of siren but im sure he and my self and others would love to restore it but we dont know where the siren is located
Did you mean John deere? I don't think they make sirens, just farm and lawn equipment :lol:
Proud owner of the FULL 508 siren map! https://rb.gy/bgjrm1

Hoping to get some sirens in the future...

Snowpix
YouTube Username: ArxCyberwolf
Discord: snowpix7911

Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:10 pm

cosgravefan wrote:
I think a siren such as this Cosgrave is far beyond you and your friends' ability to restore. This requires a competent professional.
Just a wolf, siren enthusiast and railfan.
Owner of the Civil Defense Sirens Wiki, the best site for accurate siren information.
https://civil-defense-sirens.fandom.com ... irens_Wiki
Proud owner of an FS&S Model L and Sterling Type F!

Eclipse DDS
YouTube Username: Civil Defence Fox

Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:45 am

I wonder if ‘jerrylovessirens’ would be interested, we already know he is very talented from his previous siren restorations.
A British siren enthusiast. Previously lived at the furthest point from any sirens before co-discovering one very close to where he is located. Also features a great discomfort referring to themselves in third-person.

Greenrid

Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:41 pm

Snowpix wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:10 pm
cosgravefan wrote:
I think a siren such as this Cosgrave is far beyond you and your friends' ability to restore. This requires a competent professional.
Who knows? Cosgravefan might be able to refurbish it, it's just if they are able to get it.

Snowpix

Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:27 pm

No, these are mechanically complex and this one is in very poor shape. It might be rude to say this, but you and your friends sound like you're on the young side. A siren like this requires experience and knowledge, as well as skill to restore, because if something breaks, there's no fixing it easily. An adult with experience in doing this should be the one restoring it, like Jerry. I don't think a siren like this belongs in the hands of children.
Owner of the Civil Defense Sirens Wiki, the best site for accurate siren information.

cosgravefan
Probation
Probation

Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:44 am

well 2 things here the shroud for the john dree siren looks like a federal model 5/7 so its and looking at the motor itself that and my an nick have fully restored it and its back in working order
were both 19 again and as long as we have the patent it can be capable to restore the only complex thing is the screw threads nick and i have both re wound several electric motors 3 phase single phase ac/dc i dont see whats the most difficult thing arround here lmao
no offence but you seem like a hater cuz im a new user who wants to help
and again we are proud owners of an ACA Screamer s10 and a thunderbolt 1003

cosgravefan
Probation
Probation

Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:46 am

but jerry did do a great job so Jerry If your up for it Its all yours my friend

Snowpix

Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:36 am

cosgravefan wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:44 am
well 2 things here the shroud for the john dree siren looks like a federal model 5/7 so its and looking at the motor itself that and my an nick have fully restored it and its back in working order
were both 19 again and as long as we have the patent it can be capable to restore the only complex thing is the screw threads nick and i have both re wound several electric motors 3 phase single phase ac/dc i dont see whats the most difficult thing arround here lmao
no offence but you seem like a hater cuz im a new user who wants to help
and again we are proud owners of an ACA Screamer s10 and a thunderbolt 1003
The way you type really doesn't scream "19 year old", so I apologize if I'm wrong. You aren't known here so we can't take what you say at face value. I still don't think you are the right person for the job.

Greenrid

Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:43 pm

At this point, we might need to know the location of where the Cosgrave even is, so either Jerry or someone else can get it.

Hopefully Talia can also continue working on the siren!

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”