TotallynotaFS2001

YouTube Username: Elevating Northwest Tennessee

Update on the McKenzie sirens---

Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:48 am

I know its been a while since I updated ya'll but I haven't gotten a whole ton of new info yet.. A ton of tornado threats occurred the past nights and they still haven't chosen a siren brand to pick.

Heres my new information:
Its seems the one siren that works is dying.. I have a Tik-Tok page as "Highest.Altitude" and my latest video shows the siren ambience at first, with some of the windup. During the windup, you can hear the second motor struggle. The siren was recently looked at because they installed a new streetlight on it for some reason... Eh, the siren might get replaced anyway like its brothers.

McKenzie had said they are trying to get 2 more siren locations so the whole city can hear them. So 3+2=5.. That means they will have 5 sirens for a little town like them. Geez.. Maybe they should say something to Paris TN! (the reason why is in an earlier post)

Whats funny is that now they test the one working siren like every freaking Wednesday but not exactly at noon. I am not sure why, but McKenzie always tests the sirens late. Sometimes they test it at 1, sometimes 12:15 (around that was when it was tested in the Tik-Tok video), and 12:30, its endless different amount of times...

Welp.. McKenzie hasn't really made much progress since the incident. That was all I had to say... I will try to see if I can get city hall to test the siren next Wednesday if I can. (Notice how I say "it" instead of "them" or "they" and I say "the siren" and not "the sirens"? Yea, they are all still broken except the one.)

Return to “Community Systems”