Synther
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: UtahSirens

Re: Milwaukee siren system being redone.

Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:24 pm

WillamsH28 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:13 pm
Synther wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:55 am
I do not have a date for when the project is due to start, but yes. Milwaukee County is replacing their system, many of the sirens are already spoken for. The Hurricane is going to be a separate project and will not be going away anytime soon. Like stated in the above post, do not harass those involved to get a siren for free. Let them do their work, I'm sure posts will be made in due time IF units become available.
This adds no information and honestly makes it MORE confusing. Any source on this? Are you just making stuff up?

Anyway here's the attention you ordered.
This is information I received directly from a representative of the crew who is out there. What part of what I said is confusing? I cannot confirm what will replace them or how many units will be replaced, but I can say it will likely all be mechanical, certainly no "E-sirens". No need for foolish remarks, we are not on Twitter.
State of Utah siren map - My channel
STH-10, SD-10, 2 Model 2s

Randomizer

Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:30 pm

Synther wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:24 pm
WillamsH28 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:13 pm
Synther wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:55 am
I do not have a date for when the project is due to start, but yes. Milwaukee County is replacing their system, many of the sirens are already spoken for. The Hurricane is going to be a separate project and will not be going away anytime soon. Like stated in the above post, do not harass those involved to get a siren for free. Let them do their work, I'm sure posts will be made in due time IF units become available.
This adds no information and honestly makes it MORE confusing. Any source on this? Are you just making stuff up?

Anyway here's the attention you ordered.
This is information I received directly from a representative of the crew who is out there. What part of what I said is confusing? I cannot confirm what will replace them or how many units will be replaced, but I can say it will likely all be mechanical, certainly no "E-sirens". No need for foolish remarks, we are not on Twitter.
Thank you for the reply. I think this clears it up. Sounds like there is a large upgrade effort being made, not a removal of the system. This is good for Milwaukee. Those P-50s are starting to show their age. You look at them and so many of them have fiberglass rot and large holes in the projectors. I can also guess who "the crew out there" is since they're pretty active in the community.

It also sounds like OP was being overly dramatic and speaking out of turn.

Anyhow, thanks for clearing this up. I look forward to Milwaukee's upgrades.

Non-Zero
YouTube Username: GSPiedmont425
Discord: pizzaluke#9012

Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:34 pm

Every single siren in the current system with the possible exception of the hurricane will be replaced. Even the newer 128s.
proud owner of a thunderbolt 1000A, and a 4/5 Thunderbolt 1000T

Banjo_Z2005

YouTube Username: BanjoB2005

Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:25 pm

Sorry if I made this confusing to some people, these guys know more than me to be real with you all.

I'm not wanting to get things wild up.

sourry eh?
ALL RESPECTS TO THE OLD MKE SIREN SYSTEM!!!

Owner of an Archer 120V Siren Alarm, an unknown truck horn, and the Whitefish Bay WI compulert controller box!!
I'm also into RC Cars and Stock Car Racing!!

Randomizer

Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:57 pm

Non-Zero wrote:
Every single siren in the current system with the possible exception of the hurricane will be replaced. Even the newer 128s.
Now that this upgrade is presumably underway, do we have any idea about what is going in? The internet seems silent and I can't locate any government documentation about an upgrade.

supermaximax
YouTube Username: supermaximax
Discord: supermaximax

Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:08 pm

Randomizer wrote:
Non-Zero wrote:
Now that this upgrade is presumably underway, do we have any idea about what is going in? The internet seems silent and I can't locate any government documentation about an upgrade.
From what I know, the county is gonna get T-128s and T-135AC/DCs. This is according to someone who will help replace the system.

Randomizer

Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:22 pm

Thanks for the update! No doubt they'll be happy with that upgrade,

metalstorm
YouTube Username: metalstorm1217

Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:24 pm

supermaximax wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:08 pm
Randomizer wrote:
Non-Zero wrote:
From what I know, the county is gonna get T-128s and T-135AC/DCs. This is according to someone who will help replace the system.
Not surprising. ASC is in Milwaukee and currently maintains the system. Advantage of buying factory direct. Wouldn't be surprised to see a few T-121s in the mix as gap fillers.

mimiguy2

Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:27 am

How come no links or official documents have been posted yet? I've seen only like a handful of news articles on google, and none cite their sources either.

Randomizer

Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:24 pm

Any updates on this?

Doesn’t seem like anything has happened yet and we’re in peak severe weather season.

Return to “Community Systems”