Banjo_Z2005

YouTube Username: BanjoB2005

Milwaukee siren system being redone.

Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:17 pm

thought I'd give an update here now, (yes I'm back again)
Milwaukee is removing all sirens and replacing them with E-sirens As of September 13th to the end of the month,
DONT PANIC!! MOST SRIENS IF NOT ALL SIRENS ARE BEING SAVED.

Whitefish Bay the ONE MD and more are being saved.

Don't pester anyone about buying a siren unless you know what the heck you're doing lol.
also if it gets deleted you probs know why...

GLORY TO THE MKE SIREN SYSTEM!!!
ALL RESPECTS TO THE OLD MKE SIREN SYSTEM!!!

Owner of an Archer 120V Siren Alarm, an unknown truck horn, and the Whitefish Bay WI compulert controller box!!
I'm also into RC Cars and Stock Car Racing!!

ThatACAGuy
Probation
Probation

Re: Milwaukee siren system being redone.

Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:28 pm

That will be sad. Long live the Milwaukee siren system!

Randomizer

Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:33 pm

Um.

I can’t find anything about this besides this post which isn’t exactly well written. Any more details or confirmation from anyone in the know?

And what’s an E-Siren?

WillamsH28
YouTube Username: JakeH28

Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:41 pm

Weird. There's no evidence here. Saying all will be replaced with "E-sirens" and then saying most will be saved is so confusing

Snowpix
YouTube Username: ArxCyberwolf
Discord: snowpix7911

Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:31 am

There's no evidence here, and yet this is being spread around by some people likely thanks to this post. I can't find any information or sources regarding these claims.
Just a wolf, siren enthusiast and railfan.
Owner of the Civil Defense Sirens Wiki, the best site for accurate siren information.
https://civil-defense-sirens.fandom.com ... irens_Wiki
Proud owner of an FS&S Model L and Sterling Type F!

Synther
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: UtahSirens

Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:55 am

I do not have a date for when the project is due to start, but yes. Milwaukee County is replacing at least part of their system, many of the sirens are already spoken for. The Hurricane is going to be a separate project and will not be going away anytime soon. Like stated in the above post, do not harass those involved to get a siren for free. Let them do their work, I'm sure posts will be made in due time IF units become available.
State of Utah siren map - My channel
STH-10, SD-10, 2 Model 2s

Brendan Ahern

Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:04 pm

So are they replacing with electronic sirens? What brand? Still ASC?

Randomizer

Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:40 pm

Okay this post STILL makes no sense.

1) The subject says the system is being redone, implying Milwaukee will keep sirens, just replace its fleet of P-50s. Which makes sense; those fiberglass shrouds are just crumbling. But it has newer sirens (T-121s, T-112s, T-135 AC/DC, etc). Do those go, too?

2) OP's message then says they're all being removed, as in no more sirens.

3) OP's message then made it sound as if the sirens were being saved (I can't believe Milwaukee would just store a gob of P-50s in a scrapyard but what do I know). Meaning saved but not scrapped in a scrapyard? Carried over into a new system?

4) OP then says "e-sirens" are being put in. Brendan above me rightly asks if this is electronic sirens. I had inferred, perhaps incorrectly, this was meaning reverse 911 (thinking like virtual siren rather than an iForce like electronic siren) and that's why I was like "but there's nothing out there." I would think there would be a tremendous push shoring people to sign up for R911 and letting them know sirens are going away. But I guess then sirens aren't going away, just a fleet-wide upgrade? Synther's post says "replacing," so I imagine indeed sirens are being kept.

5) I'm not here to harass anyone. What's been written is just tremendously confusing and, frankly, still is.

WillamsH28
YouTube Username: JakeH28

Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:13 pm

Synther wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:55 am
I do not have a date for when the project is due to start, but yes. Milwaukee County is replacing their system, many of the sirens are already spoken for. The Hurricane is going to be a separate project and will not be going away anytime soon. Like stated in the above post, do not harass those involved to get a siren for free. Let them do their work, I'm sure posts will be made in due time IF units become available.
This adds no information and honestly makes it MORE confusing. Any source on this? Are you just making stuff up?

Anyway here's the attention you ordered.

metalstorm
YouTube Username: metalstorm1217

Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:08 pm

Their is nothing on the web regarding any real changes to Milwaukee County's siren system. It seems they mostly replace older units as they become unrepairable. ASC handles the maintenance on existing units and installation of new ones. Please clarify your post or add a link to a news story so people know what you're talking about.

Return to “Community Systems”