Greenrid

Lansing's old siren system info

Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:00 pm

I know that I posted a forum about the wires getting cut on the official forum about this, but I thought it would be easier to just have it separately as well. Use this info for siren maps with the Lansing, MI area, as it might come in handy!

Verified Thunderbolts with wires cut (as of October):
- Where the Mount Hope Elementary school once stood
- Both broken Thunderbolts (The one behind the Biggby on S MLK road & The Lansing public media center)
- Lansing fire station 4
- Harley Franks Head start

Note that probably all the Thunderbolts have had their wires cut, but these were all the ones that are verified to be cut so far.

Is anyone else kind of disappointed that Lansing didn't at least keep the working ones and fixed the others up? I know it's good that they are doing something about it, but I think it's kind of a shame that a piece of history potentially might be removed, and they probably won't keep them.
Proud owner of the FULL 508 siren map! https://rb.gy/bgjrm1

Hoping to get some sirens in the future...

WillamsH28
YouTube Username: JakeH28

Re: Lansing's old siren system info

Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:48 am

Greenrid wrote:
I know that I posted a forum about the wires getting cut on the official forum about this, but I thought it would be easier to just have it separately as well. Use this info for siren maps with the Lansing, MI area, as it might come in handy!

- Both broken Thunderbolts (The one behind the Biggby on S MLK road & The Lansing public media center)
- Lansing fire station 4

Note that probably all the Thunderbolts have had their wires cut, but these were all the ones that are verified to be cut so far.

Is anyone else kind of disappointed that Lansing didn't at least keep the working ones and fixed the others up? I know it's good that they are doing something about it, but I think it's kind of a shame that a piece of history potentially might be removed, and they probably won't keep them.
I've gone to every Bolt, and they're all cut. I'm disappointed, because now my testing options are severely cut. My hope is to acquire one or more soon

Greenrid

Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:20 pm

WillamsH28 wrote:
Greenrid wrote:

- Lansing fire station 4

I've gone to every Bolt, and they're all cut. I'm disappointed, because now my testing options are severely cut. My hope is to acquire one or more soon
That's unfortunate. I wish they at least keep them, as the are a part of Lansing's history. Why would they just fix them up? Most of the Thunderbolts are in good condition...

EDIT: Are there any articles about the Thunderbolts getting installed? If so, are there pictures of it?
Proud owner of the FULL 508 siren map! https://rb.gy/bgjrm1

Hoping to get some sirens in the future...

WillamsH28
YouTube Username: JakeH28

Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:51 pm

Greenrid wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:20 pm
WillamsH28 wrote:
Greenrid wrote:

- Lansing fire station 4

That's unfortunate. I wish they at least keep them, as the are a part of Lansing's history. Why would they just fix them up? Most of the Thunderbolts are in good condition...

EDIT: Are there any articles about the Thunderbolts getting installed? If so, are there pictures of it?
Well, I think they were just too much to maintain. Constant issues, weekly tests went in and out.
As for articles and stuff, I don't think so

Return to “Community Systems”