Probation
YouTube Username: Whelen-ws-2000R

Re: the CICCA siren rabbit hole

Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:33 pm

Dorianelevator wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:29 pm
Darley Champion wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:15 pm
(realised i can cut these to save up space like you did so i did)
for the solenoid sirens, they dont do a pulse signal, they shut down the motor like a regular siren, but they do it like the Klaxon/Secomak CS8 sirens, they close the solenoids during winddown, thats literally it.

for the CPL sirens, they are just slightly uncommon, but if you look carefully you can find them.

then the weird things, so first, julien boller released a premiere video with this as the thumbnail :
clearly, this is NOT normal, ABSOLUTELY NOT. tho, atleast he does mention its a rare siren, which is nice. but clearly, its a KM Europ style, but weirdly, it is like a CEN 10 port motor on top, but its 8 ports, so this must be a very very late CEN siren that was made during the switch to KM Europ i assume, but its kinda weird that its a CEN 10 port siren with 8 ports and KM Europ style body, very very weird... (photo from the premiere video's thumbnail)
and finally, for the "pancake" sirens, julien boller managed to find another one up in Roquebrune-Sur-Argens, even tho Roquebrune has a Pakita LC (which probably remplaced a older siren, no photo of the old siren exists tho), they still have that. tho its on top of the firefighters, so i assume its their fire siren, which is pretty logical since it has a higher frequency than the RNA sirens. and finally... comes this absolute piece of junk :
https://www.google.com/maps/@48.1434209 ... ?entry=ttu
like, WHAT EVEN IS THIS ????????????????? never seen such cursed thing, appears to be a CEN siren with a custom cover tho, i am not sure, and then, another siren managed to blast the record for the most cursed siren ever, right there :
https://www.google.com/maps/@50.148048, ... ?entry=ttu
like, 12 horns, motor on bottom, WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THAT ????????????? like seriously, who designed this, like, both of these cursed sirens, they are way too cursed to exist, the first one yes it might just be a cover, but the second one... seriously, so, if you have any information about these, ill be happy to have them.

It looks like a STH-10
I have no idea what is that.
I need some help[/color]
google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=18maOh7inTu5TzoYBbxkcWAMXA9oinHE&ll=41.82235198805739%2C-87.99801954189454&z=11
;)

[WARNING] To send me a private email please let me know and I will give you my email address. My own email cannot be received.

Darley Champion
Location: Gouvieux (department of Oise), Hauts-de-France (formerly Picardie)

Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:10 pm

Dorianelevator wrote:
for the solenoid sirens, they dont do a pulse signal, they shut down the motor like a regular siren, but they do it like the Klaxon/Secomak CS8 sirens, they close the solenoids during winddown, thats literally it.

for the CPL sirens....
Ah I get it.. So they wired the solenoid in series with the motor relay? This is a bit odd to me.

Re: the weird "sirens": on these, I frankly have no idea, other than one of them looks like the old Réville siren that had square horns (????). The top one looks like a particular siren that was once in Étretat but was apparently taken down.

By the way, regarding my hometown's siren, I have a tidbit of info to add about it, it's not really "inactive", but rather in standby. They only sound it off by request of the Préfecture de l'Oise or if the need ever arises.

All it needs is one push of a button, and it'll roar to life.
19 (and soon to be 20) years old french siren enthusiast, hailing from what was called "Picardy"
[url=http:s//www.steamsignature.com]Image[/url]
This is my official Youtube

Dorianelevator
YouTube Username: TheOfficialDorianelevator

Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:42 am

whelen-ws-2000R wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:33 pm
(cut for shorter message)
this is about french sirens, federal signal does not even exist in france, they use 50hz and are almost always 8 ports, so, no, this is more of a KM Europ style siren.

Dorianelevator

Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:58 am

Darley Champion wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:10 pm
Dorianelevator wrote:

for the CPL sirens....
Ah I get it.. So they wired the solenoid in series with the motor relay? This is a bit odd to me.

Re: the weird "sirens": on these, I frankly have no idea, other than one of them looks like the old Réville siren that had square horns (????). The top one looks like a particular siren that was once in Étretat but was apparently taken down.

By the way, regarding my hometown's siren, I have a tidbit of info to add about it, it's not really "inactive", but rather in standby. They only sound it off by request of the Préfecture de l'Oise or if the need ever arises.

All it needs is one push of a button, and it'll roar to life.
theres one weird thing tho, that being, what about that KM Europ CEN hybrid ? like, its a 10 port CEN siren, but it is 8 ports (i realised 8 port CEN sirens like this existed, so that part is no more, and i realised it before releasing this message lol) and KM Europ style, very intresting...
and this siren :
to this day, still haunts me, its the last weird siren from my other post but like, i just dont understand, 12 ports with very abnormal horns, what could it be... i have no clue. oh and about the square horn sirens, theres one in Damprichard, found it on julien boller's siren map and decided to see the street view, and one shot was in the night, its beautiful, and the shot is here : https://www.google.com/maps/@47.2444475 ... ?entry=ttu
alternative angle : https://www.google.com/maps/@47.2441491 ... ?entry=ttu
now, i dont really have much to say, but i have a bit of information about Demay R3P sirens :
they are about the size of a regular backpack, (and a CPL siren is two backpacks stacked, i just find that fun so i added it)
thats literally it, but, im still waiting for the stupid credit card thing to be done so that i can buy that one on sale (EDIT : the credit card thing is over, im gonna buy it as soon as possible.), so, thats kind of all i have to say.
IMPORTANT EDIT -- MUST READ : about Demay R3P, scratch that fact about them always having grids without the hexagonal things around them, some of them do have the hexagonal grids.

Darley Champion

Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:34 pm

Those last sirens you linked... If I had a even a remote idea of what these would be..

The horns look like some kind of temporary kludge hack job thrown on the spot "vite fait, mal fait".

The 12-port one at first I thought it was a KMEurop KM1S "pancake siren" but since the motor is on the bottom, either it's a KMEurop flipped on its base, or some artisanal thing that had horns added after the fact.

Edit: Same thing with the Xonrupt-Longemer siren... What even it is, it's driving me up the wall trying to figure out what it is.

If only I could drive up there, grab some Telephoto-lens or drone camera shots of the motor or ID tag, so we could have a definite answer.
19 (and soon to be 20) years old french siren enthusiast, hailing from what was called "Picardy"

Dorianelevator

Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:51 am

Darley Champion wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:34 pm
Those last sirens you linked... If I had a even a remote idea of what these would be..

The horns look like some kind of temporary kludge hack job thrown on the spot "vite fait, mal fait".

The 12-port one at first I thought it was a KMEurop KM1S "pancake siren" but since the motor is on the bottom, either it's a KMEurop flipped on its base, or some artisanal thing that had horns added after the fact.

Edit: Same thing with the Xonrupt-Longemer siren... What even it is, it's driving me up the wall trying to figure out what it is.

If only I could drive up there, grab some Telephoto-lens or drone camera shots of the motor or ID tag, so we could have a definite answer.
about the Xonrupt-Longemer siren, julien boller did a 1080p video of it : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkO7PqF0Yqo
but yes, seeing the motor label would be intresting,..
tho, about the cursed 12 port one, i am pretty sure its a pancake siren (KM0 / KM0-S / KM1S) flipped upside down with handmade horns like you said, but, WHY ?????? like, whats the point of buying such cheap thing then flipping over and adding horns when you can buy a regular one with real horns, like, JUST WHY ????????????????
anyways, another thing about the Xonrupt-Longemer, theres another of these weird 4 horn sirens up in Videauban, the EXACT SAME. but in black. its close to my house, so on april 3rd imma try to film it, so we can finally know what sound it makes. also yes, it is GUARANTEED to work as the city hall of Videauban told me it does sound off every first wednesday at noon, which, is normal.
now, i dont really have much to say, but, i think today is the day im gonna buy that Demay R3P siren. and now im out of things to say...

Dorianelevator

Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:25 pm

this is an update from my previous post, so read it first before reading this.
so, i have found another cursed siren up in Abbévillers, it looks like this :
https://www.google.fr/maps/@47.4313743, ... ?entry=ttu
very cursed... reminds me of this :
but diffrent, its weird too, upside down style, cursed mini horns, and 6 horns only, very weird... i have no clue what it is too, it reminds me of that weird 12 horn one as i said earlier and also reminds me of CICCA sirens, i have no clue what it could be...

Dorianelevator

READ THIS

Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:19 pm

as you can see, it has been waiting 4 days for an answer to my two previous posts, and, i still didnt get one, wonder what happened.

Darley Champion

Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:26 am

Sorry, I had some unexpected administrative issues crop up lately... Can't really go into details, other than it's nothing worth worrying about.

First, the Abbevilliers siren... It does look like very CICCA-esque, with custom horns fitted? Perhaps the original ones were damaged somehow and new ones were rigged up? Definitely another odd case.

I don't think they're related to the 12-port "thing" that you found, but this one's been on my mind lately, is it really 12 ports? How does it sounds like? I'm starting to wonder if it's a KM-1S that was flipped upside-down and had horns attached to it.. Or something else entirely.

Darley Champion

Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:30 pm

Dorianelevator wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:25 pm
this is an update from my previous post, so read it first before reading this.
so, i have found another cursed siren up in Abbévillers, it looks like this :
https://www.google.fr/maps/@47.4313743, ... ?entry=ttu
very cursed... reminds me of this :
but diffrent, its weird too, upside down style, cursed mini horns, and 6 horns only, very weird... i have no clue what it is too, it reminds me of that weird 12 horn one as i said earlier and also reminds me of CICCA sirens, i have no clue what it could be...
Looking again at this one, this might be a Chollet with a different motor. I think I can see a conical hat, although there's a problem with this theory, Chollet sirens are usually smaller than that and don't have any provision for horns of any kind.

Maybe this could be an earlier WW1 siren that was modified as to get rid of the bevel gear assembly and with shorter horns fitted? That wouldn't seem too far fetched for me, but this is purely speculation.

Another thing, Chollet sirens don't have a junction box for the motor, instead they have two exposed screw terminals (where you'd bolt on the wires), or this one has a box on the motor.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”