supermaximax
YouTube Username: supermaximax
Discord: supermaximax

The final activation of Kewaskum, WI's Federal Electric Type B

Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:19 am

Today, I got to hear something quite epic- the very last activation of the Type B siren in Kewaskum, WI. A little bit of history before I dive into the main part of this topic, their Type B was bought in 1926 and from then until the 1980s it was used as a fire siren. It was then replaced by a Thunderbeam and sat inactive for a long time- decades, to be specific. I was made aware the police department did growl it a couple years ago for fun, and today was the first time in a while it got to be set off for a lengthy period of time! Anyways, moving on to the main part of the topic. It is being removed because the village hall is being remodeled. The siren will most likely come down within the next few weeks, and then will go to someone to get refurbished, before its eventual placement in the Kewaskum Historical Society.

Furthermore, I had a bunch of fun being able to meet up with a half a dozen of other siren enthusiasts today to see this historic event. Truly something remarkable! Also, the video link is provided below.
https://youtu.be/cyW8A7o6tbI?si=Rziyp5WPR4_0ZHXR

getextreme2
YouTube Username: Sirens of Northern New Jersey

Re: The final activation of Kewaskum, WI's Federal Electric Type B

Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:49 pm

jannickz wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:37 am
A siren that served the community since 1926 is a significant piece of history. Hearing it one last time must have been a powerful and emotional experience. It's fantastic that the siren isn't just being scrapped. Getting refurbished and finding a permanent home at the Kewaskum Historical Society ensures its preservation for future generations.
If it was supposed to be scrapped, I bet someone here would buy it, as the Type B is pretty rare, especially one from 1926.
My Massachusetts Siren Map/My YouTube Channel
Proud owner of a FS&S Model A 7L13, a FS&S Model B9 2L11A7, a MS-190, an Aut-O-Matic OC-9, and 2 Grover Train Horns Model 1510

Return to “Videos and Media”