JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

FS "Rumbler" makes front page Yahoo news

Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:33 pm

Last edited by JasonC on Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

texaschad25

Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:56 am

Looks cool. I like the Federal touchmaster sirens too. And last time I checked, Tulsa was in OKLAHOMA..lol

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:04 pm

It's back up today, but now its in the Featured section of the main Yahoo page. Gotta love it when sirens make the news!

coyoteunknown

Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:35 pm

*laughs* Wow, and we even get to see the FS logo. I think those are a great idea, though I do worry about the health consequences, if there are any.

CDV777-1
YouTube Username: vanamonde2

Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:33 pm

though I do worry about the health consequences, if there are any.
You have to be kidding. Any idiot with an over-powered over-bassed car stereo if far more annoying than that and you have to listen to those at almost every red light you stop at.

coyoteunknown

Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:25 pm

CDV777-1 wrote:
though I do worry about the health consequences, if there are any.
You have to be kidding. Any idiot with an over-powered over-bassed car stereo if far more annoying than that and you have to listen to those at almost every red light you stop at.
Yes, I agree they are annoying and that's one reason why I moved out of Jonesboro, Arkansas.

However, certain individuals such as myself that are in a constant state of pain and have a weakness for vibrations may be sensitive towards these. What if I'm sitting at a light and one drives by, chasing after somebody else? I can't really pop a pain pill every time a cop charges passed me with this thing rumbling.

Besides, we're already using flashing lights and intense noise trying to get individuals attention. Why should the police have to use a third method of getting our attentions because YOU'RE too ignorant not use a phone while driving? If we payed attention to our surroundings, we'd know a cop was back there without the use of such a device.

Jim_Ferer

Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:03 am

I have a hard time imagining this will affect your life that badly. People have problems hearing sirens because cars are more soundproof than ever. It doesn't help that siren speakers get harder and harder to design and conceal.

coyoteunknown

Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:27 am

Jim_Ferer wrote:I have a hard time imagining this will affect your life that badly. People have problems hearing sirens because cars are more soundproof than ever. It doesn't help that siren speakers get harder and harder to design and conceal.
Well, it won't effect my life or anyones that badly, just inconvenience them.

Why are hey try trying to make them more concealed? Anyone with the slightest hint of intelligence knows a Ford Crown Victoria with black plastic on it's trunk lid or cheap rims is a cop, whether or not he has graphics, antennas, or a light bar. Same goes for the Chevrolet Impala, Dodge Charger, Pontiac Firebird's and whatever other vehicles cop uses.

Daniel

Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:35 am

Want to hear my new Sentry 15V3T with rumbler feature? I posted this a long time ago, but some of you may not have heard it. This would have a port ratio of 16/8/4.

http://media.putfile.com/Siren-Sentry-1 ... e-tone-sim

Go here for more of my weird creations (all are artificial except the Boys Town recording):

http://www.putfile.com/frobenius
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

ver tum
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o

Re: FS "Rumbler" makes front page Yahoo news

Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:43 pm

I'd like to hear this siren. Does anyone have any audio clips of it?
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

Return to “Other Warning Systems - Indoor, Outdoor and Vehicular”