kagome122885

Dual tone Thunderbolt and possibly an EOWS series siren

Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:41 am

This sounds pretty cool! 2 of my favorite sirens in this clip. Sounding the "take cover" during a tornado warning, the proper tone for such an event.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyTPI2pfL9M
Federal Signal Thunderbolt Series, still the King of Air Raid Sirens!

ver tum
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o

Re: Dual tone Thunderbolt and possibly an EOWS series siren

Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:41 am

That's a 1003 and a 1000T, both in attack. Usually, the tornado signal is the alert signal. I'm a little suspicious of this particular clip, because that one TBolt sounds too close. This clip might be a fake, but I'm not sure. It sounds like the 1003 may have been dubbed in. Remember, that I'm totally blind, so I definitely could be wrong! Those people may have been right next to that 1003 when the warning was issued. Another thing that makes me wonder whether it's a fake is at the end, where it almost sounds like someone stopped the siren recording before they stopped the video camera. If this is a genuine clip, I appologize.
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

Alasiren1977

Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:13 pm

ya this sounds very fake! something isn't kosher with this video!

SirenMadness

Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:56 pm

I felt cold after hearing that!
~ Peter Radanovic

md5
YouTube Username: bctrainers

Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:00 pm

Something just doesn't seem to fit in that well. I thought much of St. Louis and surrounding communities went over to whelen...

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&safe= ... &z=12&om=0 Is the closest i found to that unique city name. :)

Volodia07

Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:37 pm

Here in Minnesota we often use alert tone for tornado warnings. I my county we use alert tone for both tornado and severe thunderstorm warnings. I wish that they would use the attack tone for tornado warnings so one could dicifer the difference immediately. Seconds count in these situations. Not to mention it would sound great to hear six different 1000Ts sounding in attack all around especially since they havn't in my town since 1991. (Collapse of USSR)

ver tum
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o

Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:36 pm

Volodia07 wrote:Here in Minnesota we often use alert tone for tornado warnings. I my county we use alert tone for both tornado and severe thunderstorm warnings. I wish that they would use the attack tone for tornado warnings so one could dicifer the difference immediately. Seconds count in these situations. Not to mention it would sound great to hear six different 1000Ts sounding in attack all around especially since they havn't in my town since 1991. (Collapse of USSR)

The last time I heard a bunch of TBolts in Attack was back in March of 06, when the EMA here decided to hit the Attack button for our yearly tornado drill. This was to see if anyone would notice the difference. Sadly, I was the only one in the whole city of Louiville who called in to find out why all the sirens were in Attack.

Here in Louisville, they only sound the sirens for a severe thunderstorm when the winds are at or exceed 74 miles per hour. They still sound the Alert signal.
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

Adam Pollak
YouTube Username: CrazySirenBoy

Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:59 pm

I wouldn't try to make any correlation between that YouTube user's name and keywords and the recording location of the siren. People travel all over the country and the Lake Sherwood in Google Maps is only the name of a small body of water and not a municipality. It could be referring to anything. St. Louis County is mainly comrpised of Whelens, but there are still active Thunderbolts and 2T22s....though I'd still ask the author of that video for the location, if truly that curious.

scooterbugs25

Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:16 pm

md5 wrote:Something just doesn't seem to fit in that well. I thought much of St. Louis and surrounding communities went over to whelen...

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&safe= ... &z=12&om=0 Is the closest i found to that unique city name. :)
He is from Springfield,MO If you click the persons name you can read the profile. and it says

"Subscribers: 2
Channel Views: 169

I am a Christian from Springfield, MO and currently attending the Baptist Bible college. These will be videos based on assignments given in class. Enjoy and God Bless.
Name: Stan

I'm a born again believer of Jesus Christ, and currently attending Baptist Bible College in Springfield, MO. My family and I will be going into full time missions work upon graduation.

Joey P 3

Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:43 am

its definately dubbed...if you listen closely, the one thunderbolt is loud, then stops for a 1/4 second, then is quieter, then stops for another 1/4 second and continues sounding
Thunderbolts, whelen, 2001, and aca own!

Return to “Videos and Media”