Adam Pollak
YouTube Username: CrazySirenBoy

Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:43 am

I wrote my response earlier from a school computer without having seen the video, but I do agree that the audio sounds fake.

Justin

Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:40 am

Sigh.
In my opinion, it's fake. Poorly dubbed.
Rotation is off and there are more Thunderbolts that sound too inconsistent to be a real activation.

Besides, you'd see all those other kiddies either covering their ears and screaming or going "COOOOOOOOOL! l33t roxorz!!!111".
Either that or the parents would be freaking out and getting all of them (including the film maker) inside and under cover.

Now, where did that fake list disappear to....

ver tum
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o

Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:23 pm

Adam Pollak wrote:I wrote my response earlier from a school computer without having seen the video, but I do agree that the audio sounds fake.
Hey Adam, do you remember that 1003 with the messed up solinoid, trying to do the fire signal? Well, the TBolt in that video reminds me a lot of that siren. It's almost exactly the same pitch, except it's in Attack. From all the 1003 recordings I've heard, it seems that a 1003 Attack signal sounds different than the same signal done on a 1000T. That's why I think it's the audio from a 1003 in that video. Also, I didn't hear any electronic sirens, and you'd think there would have been at least one. I'm curious to know where the guy got his audio.
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

ver tum

Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:37 pm

Justin wrote:Sigh.
In my opinion, it's fake. Poorly dubbed.
Rotation is off and there are more Thunderbolts that sound too inconsistent to be a real activation.

Besides, you'd see all those other kiddies either covering their ears and screaming or going "COOOOOOOOOL! l33t roxorz!!!111".
Either that or the parents would be freaking out and getting all of them (including the film maker) inside and under cover.

Now, where did that fake list disappear to....
It's right here.
http://airraidsirens.com/forums/viewtop ... 0039#30039

I just revived it.
Josh
Audio
YouTube

mhmcdonal

Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:18 am

That 50% drop in sound volume in the beginning of the video before the sirens wind up is very suspicious. Not only that, but just the fact that the sirens have no 'depth' to them or distance.

This is just from a personal observation, but if you are a good distance away from a Thunderbolt (or any siren) to the point of not being able to actually film it rotating (and instead flail the camera around and film irrelevant objects like howling dogs, the grass, streetlights, trees :x ), you notice an absence of high frequencies coming from the siren itself. Surroundings like trees and atmospheric conditions also seem to 'muffle' the higher treble notes of sirens in real life too, and this video has the sirens sounding with obvious pre-recorded clarity.

I've said this before but... We all know what's real. You can fool the majority into thinking that every siren out there still sounds like that generic overplayed single-tone WWII Carter, but there's no use in fooling us with fakes: So with that being said, let's keep the real videos coming!!! :D :D

CTsirenhunter

Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:35 am

Just want to put in my 2 cents...
1. Those kids would definitely not be so carefree if there really were sirens.
2. That quick volume jump up and down about halfway through the video gives away that it's dubbed.
3. Interesting audio, wherever it came from.
4. If that was a real potential tornado, then wouldn't real sirens be sounding that would make for a perfectly fine movie?
5. My conclusion on why the sirens were dubbed in: Judging by the whole "This is what this place is like for all you East Coast people" and the words "So when are you going to come and visit us?" or whatever they were, this video was done just to fascinate/intrigue/mess with/scare this person's friends back east.

ver tum

Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:17 am

mhmcdonal wrote:That 50% drop in sound volume in the beginning of the video before the sirens wind up is very suspicious. Not only that, but just the fact that the sirens have no 'depth' to them or distance.

This is just from a personal observation, but if you are a good distance away from a Thunderbolt (or any siren) to the point of not being able to actually film it rotating (and instead flail the camera around and film irrelevant objects like howling dogs, the grass, streetlights, trees :x ), you notice an absence of high frequencies coming from the siren itself. Surroundings like trees and atmospheric conditions also seem to 'muffle' the higher treble notes of sirens in real life too, and this video has the sirens sounding with obvious pre-recorded clarity.

I've said this before but... We all know what's real. You can fool the majority into thinking that every siren out there still sounds like that generic overplayed single-tone WWII Carter, but there's no use in fooling us with fakes: So with that being said, let's keep the real videos coming!!! :D :D

What you said about the clarity of the sound was the very reason I started thinking this video was a fake. The 1000T sounds like it's a ways off, but the 1003 just sounds too close. I've also noticed that the further away you get from a TBolt, the less high frequencies you can hear. If you're just two doors down from one, you can no longer hear the hissing sound they make. That is demonstrated in the last two recordings I posted. I also figured out that cold weather keeps you from hearing higher frequencies for some reason. The colder it is, the more muffled up the siren sounds from very much of a distance. Humidity and wind are also major factors.
Josh
Audio
YouTube

jkvernon

Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:41 am

Why does everybody keep referring to these as the 1000T and 1003. You can't tell the difference between a 1003 or 1000T by listening to it running in attack or alert.

ver tum

Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:44 pm

jkvernon wrote:Why does everybody keep referring to these as the 1000T and 1003. You can't tell the difference between a 1003 or 1000T by listening to it running in attack or alert.
I refer to these two sirens as the 1003 and the 1000T, because of the many 1003 and 1000T recordings I've listened to, the Attack signalon the 1003 has always sounded different to me than the 1000T. On the 1000T, the rise part of the whale is shorter than the fall. On the 1003, they're both the same length. At least, that's what I've heard in the siren recordings. I can't tell the difference in Alert, but I can hear it in Attack. I think that if someone played me a recording of a dual tone TBolt in Attack, I could probably correctly guess whether it's a 1003 or a 1000T 9 times out of 10.
Josh
Audio
YouTube

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:44 pm

ver tum wrote:
jkvernon wrote:Why does everybody keep referring to these as the 1000T and 1003. You can't tell the difference between a 1003 or 1000T by listening to it running in attack or alert.
I refer to these two sirens as the 1003 and the 1000T, because of the many 1003 and 1000T recordings I've listened to, the Attack signalon the 1003 has always sounded different to me than the 1000T. On the 1000T, the rise part of the whale is shorter than the fall. On the 1003, they're both the same length. At least, that's what I've heard in the siren recordings. I can't tell the difference in Alert, but I can hear it in Attack. I think that if someone played me a recording of a dual tone TBolt in Attack, I could probably correctly guess whether it's a 1003 or a 1000T 9 times out of 10.

It is impossible to tell the difference between a 1000T and a 1003 on the alert or attack signals. Nearly all Thunderbolt's sound different due to the change chopper transformer taps, timer's, time delays, etc. The only mechanical addition to the 1003 is the solenoids. The solenoid's electrically and mechanically have no interference with the siren's operation in alert or attack modes.

Return to “Videos and Media”