ver tum
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o

Check this out, yet another sick EOWS612!

Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:16 pm

This was posted on Youtube four days ago. This is the third video of a sick Federal EOWS612 I've seen in the past week! Listen as the siren starts at a very high pitch, then the pitch steadily lowers. After the siren turns off,you can hear several sirens in the background, including a Whelen, a dual tone Thunderbolt, and at least one Federal 2001. I like the sound quality of this video, but this siren is sick.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qhKp-fdFedQ
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

jkvernon

Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:21 pm

I wouldn't say that the pitch change means that the siren is "sick." That's something I've noticed that all older EOWS612s and 1212s do. As they run, the pitch always drops. I haven't seen this in any of the newer EOWS612s or the Modulators and I'm sure it has everything to do with improved technology.

ver tum
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o

Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:26 pm

jkvernon wrote:I wouldn't say that the pitch change means that the siren is "sick." That's something I've noticed that all older EOWS612s and 1212s do. As they run, the pitch always drops. I haven't seen this in any of the newer EOWS612s or the Modulators and I'm sure it has everything to do with improved technology.

In the first sick EOWS612 video I saw, the pitch rose as the siren sounded. Apparently, you're right, and unstable pitch must be a common problem in the older EOWS series sirens. I really like the sound of these sirens though.
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

Return to “Videos and Media”