ATLANTA DOES HAVE SIRENS!

Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:37 am

Whelens AND Thunderbolts going off!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1plGTetbWos
James M. Dean

StonedChipmunk

Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:53 am

WOAH WOAH WOAH.

The Atlanta thunderbolts are OPERATIONAL?!? I thought they deactivated them YEARS ago!

Well, at least they don't have a mix of Thunderbolts and ATI's.

Poor cat must be scared out of his mind v.v "I got ya hookup dawg, just hang in there!"

But hey, wait a second, why couldn't Chattanooga turn theirs on when a tornado plowed past us? Psh. Well, at least my camera works now so next time a tornado hits us I'll be ready to film the Mod!

Oh, and yeah buddy, that's a "full-scale blizzard" you got there. Must be the apocalypse, too, while we're at it. :roll:

I enjoy switching topics every time I go to the next paragraph just to confuse you. HA! HA!
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence indicating that you tried.

MattDean1003

Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:14 am

Cobb County and Paulding County, so technically it's outskirts of Atlanta (Marietta, etc which has Whelens and Thunderbolts), I just caught that in the video, but then again, that could also be taken in Atlanta. If the Atlanta Thunderbolts are operational, hurray for them. Most exciting video I've ever seen on youtube!
James M. Dean

StonedChipmunk

Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:16 am

MattDean1003 wrote:Cobb County and Paulding County, so technically it's outskirts of Atlanta (Marietta, etc which has Whelens and Thunderbolts), I just caught that in the video, but then again, that could also be taken in Atlanta. If the Atlanta Thunderbolts are operational, hurray for them. Most exciting video I've ever seen on youtube!
Ah, that seems more plausible. I wouldn't believe Atlanta suddenly wound up its Thunderbolts without proper maintenance, etc. but still, that is a very good vid!
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence indicating that you tried.

ver tum
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o

Re: ATLANTA DOES HAVE SIRENS!

Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:56 pm

MattDean1003 wrote:Whelens AND Thunderbolts going off!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1plGTetbWos

Wow! Great mix of sirens! Whelens and Thunderbolts in perfect harmony! That really close Whelen sounds like either a 4004, or a Vortex. It would have been great if the guy shooting the video was right between a Whelen and a Thunderbolt!
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

Melvin Potts

Atlanta Sirens

Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:01 pm

Wow! Great mix of sirens! Whelens and Thunderbolts in perfect harmony! That really close Whelen sounds like either a 4004, or a Vortex. It would have been great if the guy shooting the video was right between a Whelen and a Thunderbolt!
The Atlanta thunderbolts are OPERATIONAL?!? I thought they deactivated them YEARS ago!
This video was probably made in Cobb County. That county has a mix of Tbolts and Whelens. All but 1 of the Tbolts came from DeKalb County, which had taken them down(at one time DeKalb County had a large number of Tbolts). As the older Tbolts fail Cobb is replacing them with Whelens. The county has also added a number of Whelens to its system.

When I lived in Cobb County(1971-89) there were 2 Tbolts in Marietta. One of them(block S of square) has been replaced with a Whelen WPS. The other(across Cobb Pkwy. from the "Big Chicken") is still there..unless it's been removed since my April visit.

Paulding County does have sirens, but I believe all of them are 2001s.

As for the city of Atlanta itself..I can recall seeing only 2 Tbolts.

There was one at "Little Five Points" (Moreland Ave. area). Also one on Roswell Rd. N of the Abernathy Rd. intersection. One of my friends who grew up in East Point told me there was one at a fire station on the SW side of Atlanta, but I don't recall seeing it.

The Owl

Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:37 pm

Emory University has its own siren system (don't know how long it's been up though), mostly Federal Modulators as far as I can tell. There is also a 2001 on Clifton Road right next to the CDC complex there, I think this was a pretty recent addition.
Hooo Hooooooo

Melvin Potts

Atlanta

Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:14 am

Emory University has its own siren system (don't know how long it's been up though), mostly Federal Modulators as far as I can tell. There is also a 2001 on Clifton Road right next to the CDC complex there, I think this was a pretty recent addition.
Very interesting.

There used to be a Tbolt on the Clifton Rd. side of the Emory campus. I saw it a number of times. It must've been one of the Tbolts which DeKalb took down..and which was later sold to Cobb County.

Return to “Videos and Media”