JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Fun stuff! (Sentry)

Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:07 am

Reminds me of old times arriving at my local volunteer fire station (except in my case it was a model 3 blaring!).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf3ShrnQ ... re=related

(My captain would get pissed at me because I liked to switch on the siren before we pulled out of the bay, haha, I loved the echoes!)

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:11 am

Here's another with a 16 port Sterling M:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeiDd2Li ... re=related

Another clip with the same siren:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1Vp_U8M ... re=related

Rheems1

Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:36 am

That first one is from the SAVES Fire Department.... it stands for Southern Adams Volunteer Emergency Services here in Pa. This was shot at the McSherrystown station and that siren has burnt out a total of 26 sets of brushes as of the last time I was there. It really does sound good though doesn't it? It is an H series Sentry siren if anyone is wondering/cares.

Cyrun

Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:56 pm

26 sets!! Over what period of time? And yes, it does sound good.

holler
High Leg
High Leg
YouTube Username: Blue10AEmia

Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:32 pm

What is wrong with that thing, that's more brushes than an old Model 5 chews up.

Rheems1

Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:28 pm

The siren was purchased in 1988 and since that time has eaten it's way through many, many brushes. In talkiing with them the last time, they said it hasn't eaten any brushes in recent time and they did have the commutator reground twice which seems to have fixed it. SAVES is made up of 4 stations, at the Brushtown station they have a Model 5T, at the Conawago station they have a Sentry 3V8 that doesn't sound anymore (working on that) and at the Centenial station they have a small ACA Screamer. No matter which SAVES station is due, all of the sirens go off so it could be a nice mix of sirens.... except Conawago which again is hopefully being take care of.

Dave

Federal Signal fan

Great video!

Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:57 pm

I'm new to the forum, but I'm not new to outdoor warning systems or forums. But all I can say is very great job on that Sentry video, but is your siren double stacked or just one layer, you guys should know the different Sentries, that is something I'm completely sure of.
So, apparently, I like Federal Signal...

Rheems1

Re: Great video!

Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:48 pm

Federal Signal fan wrote:I'm new to the forum, but I'm not new to outdoor warning systems or forums. But all I can say is very great job on that Sentry video, but is your siren double stacked or just one layer, you guys should know the different Sentries, that is something I'm completely sure of.
This siren is a single stack siren, a Sentry 3V8H.... everyone on this board is very familair with the Sentry sirens and thier model numbers... your use of the words "single stack VS double stack" would lead me to believe that you are not as familair with the names of the different Sentry sirens. Where are you writing to us from by the way??

Dave Fritz

Federal Signal fan

Re: Great video!

Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:39 pm

Rheems1 wrote:
Federal Signal fan wrote:I'm new to the forum, but I'm not new to outdoor warning systems or forums. But all I can say is very great job on that Sentry video, but is your siren double stacked or just one layer, you guys should know the different Sentries, that is something I'm completely sure of.
This siren is a single stack siren, a Sentry 3V8H.... everyone on this board is very familair with the Sentry sirens and thier model numbers... your use of the words "single stack VS double stack" would lead me to believe that you are not as familair with the names of the different Sentry sirens. Where are you writing to us from by the way??

Dave Fritz
USA, sorry I meant the horns, 2 sets, sorry, I put that down wrong, I'm very familair with Sentry, I was just asking because I have Sentry siren downloaded siren samples, and I was wondering what siren it was. I needed to know if it had 2 horn sets like the 2T22s or 3T22s. I'm just newer to Sentry's siren names, not Sentry. So a 3V8H, that's a good firesiren. But I would consider the 40V2T for warning outdoors.
So, apparently, I like Federal Signal...

Rheems1

Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:46 pm

The 40V2T would be a good siren for Tornado warnings and such... in this application it would not be so good. SAVES gets around 400 calls a year so it would be going activated 400 times a year with an average of 6 cycles or so each.... the neighbors would really start complaing plus the borough of McSherrystown is only 2 miles square if that.... I do like the 40V2T though!

Return to “Videos and Media”