ACAP10

Erie P50

Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:04 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiA2k6ImdvE

I love the sound of the P50...I always found them so ominous during a storm

Rheems1

Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:56 pm

Which Erie is this?? It better not be Erie, Pa..... I made a swing through all of Erie County and didn't see any sirens other than at firehouses... but surely no P-50's!!!

Dave

CTsirenhunter

Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:36 pm

Maybe it's not a place description, but rather the word "eerie"?
I left this board in early 2010. I am not a part of the siren community in any sense anymore. I will not provide assistance or information.

ACAP10

Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:49 am

CTsirenhunter got it right...I was in a hurry and didn't realize I didn't add that second 'e' :oops: dur

but I looked at the video's author and it didn't have a location so I don't know where it is

Rheems1

Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:58 am

*wipes brow* I feel better... I spent 2 weekends in Erie County photographing fire apparatus... if there was a P-50 that I didn't know about that would tend to make Dave one unhappy boy!!

cauberallies

Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:49 pm

When I was on tour with my former band, we had a show in Erie, PA. We arrived several hours before we were scheduled to play, so I took advantage of that time to catch up on the sleep I've missed, while the rest of my band went to a mall. I was passed out in the van, and I was woken up by a single tone siren that seemed to be relatively close. It was very generic/unspecific, aside from the quick windup. I woke up for the last few seconds of its cycle, so I don't know how long it went for. It was around noon, though.

Being on tour was awesome for siren spotting. I saw my first Thunderbolt on the same trip, and I never realized just how many VFDs use Model 2s. I saw at least a half dozen in two weeks.

kdksiren
YouTube Username: kdksiren

Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:15 am

This was in Amarillo in June 2008. There are 2 Cyclones (although it sounds like one). They sound so much like P-50's. This guy and his family are kind of freaking out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ce-kxLKgLM&NR=1
Dad shot a video at our house that same day of the tornado. There is a 2001 two blocks away. Hope these links post ok.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o49Z4BteuY

Return to “Videos and Media”