SoundOff
YouTube Username: yuandrew

Chino Prison siren test (Video Added)

Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:15 pm

Well, Augest 4 is the first Friday of this comming month and that means Chino Prison Siren Test time.

There are 3 2001s I heard around the prison grounds. This past June, I was busted for videoing the prison while the sirens sounded. I'm thinking about another video but I'm staying a few blocks back this time rather than leaning against the fence. If not, I could just grab an audio recording.

I have an old video somewhere I took of the sirens sounding from the hill where I live which overlooks the city with the prison in the background about 4-5 miles away as the bird flies. It has quite a haunting tone to it but it's impressive for 2001s

If anyone near my area is intrested you could drop by as well. Central Ave south of Chino Hills Parkway and anywhere along El Pardo Road before Kimball should be a good spot. I was busted near the corner of Central and Chino Hills Pky though so be a little careful there.

http://www.google.com/maphp?hl=en&q=&ie ... 7&t=h&om=1
Last edited by SoundOff on Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.

SoundOff

Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:40 pm

The test is tomorrow but I did a little siren hunting today and found the second siren along El Prado Rd. (The first one was located on a guard tower visible from Central Ave between Chino Hills Pky and Edison)

I managed to take some pictures without being busted. It looks pretty low for a 2001; I say probably 15-18 feet from ground level. No word yet on where the third siren is located.

loudmouth

Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:23 am

wow that realy shows the size of the 2001 they dont look so big wene theres nothing around them!
nice pics

SoundOff

Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:20 pm

Success!

I got the video without getting busted. They test for such a long time (20 minuites) that I was able to take multiple videos from different locations. I'm currently editing them right now and will be posting them later.

It was pretty loud though, even from between some buildings.

Edit: Here's the first video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG5z6EOzWe0

I started the camera 6 mins early and placed it in a nearby alley so if I got busted, I wouldn't have any video recording device on me. I edited the video to 10 seconds before the siren activated. Anyway, after starting the camera, I walked over to the corner where I could see the siren and just stood there waiting for it. I was about to walk back to get the camera when the blue warning strobe on top of the building started flashing followed shortly by the siren winding up. You can hear me saying "Oh boy, that was loud!" after the siren activates followed by me running back to get my camera.

SoundOff

Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:37 pm

Here's the second video I took from as close as I could get without my ears hurting from the sound. You can also see the strobe I mentioned earlier as well flashing during the alarm. Look between the two small speakers for a pole riseing from the peak of the roof for the strobe. Sorry about the electrical pole.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiG0yD4-qlk

Nelso90

Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:21 am

Is it just me, or are those 2001's sounding a lot higher than normal?

loudmouth

Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:03 pm

they do sound much higher pitch then other 2001 videos maybe its becuse its so low to the ground.

SoundOff

Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:24 pm

The Prison's 2001s do look a little different than some of the other pictures I've seen here. The center portion looks slightly bigger and it has a large "FS" logo on it compared to the small FS logo in a circle on the middle.

Gil
YouTube Username: gilramirez12

Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:28 pm

soundoff wrote:The Prison's 2001s do look a little different than some of the other pictures I've seen here. The center portion looks slightly bigger and it has a large "FS" logo on it compared to the small FS logo in a circle on the middle.
The newer 2001s have a big logo than the older ones.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”