ver tum
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o

Downtown Louisville Modulators, single and duel tone

Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:42 pm

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/2/3/1 ... -08%29.mp3

This is my attempt to record the duel tone Modulator, (well, it used to be duel tone,) near the Waterfront Development Building in downtown Louisville. They've really changed things around since the last time I was down there. The Modulator I was trying to record recently had some problems, and the tones had to be reloaded into it, so that's probably why it's now single tone. :evil: However, I heard another Modulator, which happened to sound just like the ones in Hawaii. That one replaced the old Thunderbolt that used to be at the Fiscal Court Building. The recording was riddled with freeway traffic noise, and copious amounts of wind noise, despite the wind screen, since there was no place to put the mic out of the strong shifting wind's path. Another Modulator can also be heard, and I have no idea where it came from. I could hear absolutely no Thunderbolts, or even 2001's, just the three Mods.

Ever since a couple of Fridays ago, when my uncle and I scouted out the locations around the Waterfront Modulator, I knew that it wouldn't be a good recording, so I was dreading it. This morning, I came within an inch of just canceling my trip down there, and getting the Kerrick Thunderbolt instead. The Mods can be heard pretty well in this recording though, but not near as well as I would have liked.

I may try to get an up close recording of the new duel tone Mod at the Fiscal Court Building some time later this year.
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

Return to “Videos and Media”